cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete old CATS entries in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have old CATS entries in errors in the past few years. Is there any way to delete these errors.

If someone has any input please share.

Thanks,

Pras

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure about the volume but with proper profiles assignment, any user can delete the cats entries in CAT2.

Check with user who has that ability to perform deletion. Also try to delete the unprocessed entries using CN30.

Regards,

Sudhakar

Message was edited by: Sudhakar Pappu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is one program RCATSDEL, using this CATS errors can be deleted easily.

Thanks,

Pras

Former Member
0 Kudos

hI

the program's  tr code is CADE, which is quite useful.....in capable hands only of course.

Cheers

Peter

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a transaction called COFC. But i am not sure if that will help you.

In one of my earlier projects we had developed a Z transaction for deleting incorrect CATS entries directly from the CATSDB table.Every CATS entry is strored in the CATSDB table with a unique counter number. You just need to filter out the incorrect entries from the CATSDB table, copy them/ export only the counters to an excel sheet.You can then upload this sheet in the Z transaction and execute it.This will delete all the counters maintained in the excel sheet permanently from the CATSDB table.

You can also try this.

In program CORUCOFC (the one behind COFC), put a breakpoint on l_delete, in Form Set_Status.
In debug, you have to change value of L-Delete from empty to "x". Then execute.
This will activate the EDIT / DELETE ERROR RECORDS menu, thus will then allow you to delete records.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul, The program RCATSDEL is deleting the CATS errors. But we have interfaces which update CATS to CO via daily batch job. Now we want to delete the entries in errors from the interface tables as well.

Please guide me on this.

Thanks,

Pras