cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect incident and SLA Contract in Solman 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts.

We are customizing Incident Management in SAP Solution Manager 7.1 EHP4, transaction type SMIN in WebUI.

Availability and Response Times, Service Products, Hierarchy, SLA Contracts were created, but I still get only "No result found" message in SLA component in new Incident.

What should I fill in to incident and SLA contract to connect them together? At fist time we are using manual contract determination.

Many thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

this is the ever useful guide, please check out, anything missing your end

http://scn.sap.com/people/dolores.correa/blog/2011/06/03/service-desk-sla-configuration-hints

Thanks

Jansi

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

How did you create the contract?  I tried creating one but there is no SLFV transaction type. Thanks!

regards,

Grace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Algrace,

Check tcode commpr01 to create service contract. On page 36 from link I've posted above you can find more details.

BR,

SAPFan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Fan,

Isn't it that tcode commpr01 is used for creating a product? I have already created a product, service and response profiles and have setup the SLA escalation. The only thing missing is the service contract. I am not sure how to attach and where to locate the contract in the incident message once created.

I have checked the guide and have come across this statement "please keep in mind that usage of Service Contracts in SPS 05 are not supported at the moment by SAP – no adoptions and tests were performed for SPS 05". We are currently in Service desk 7.1 SP 5, does this mean that there is no need for us to create a contract?

Can you please clarify me in this? Thank you so much for your help.

Grace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Algrace,    

Yes, you're right commpr01 is for product creating. As I understand, mentioned pdf SLA contract means connection between response and service profile.

You can simply assign sla contract using crmc_process_ma tcode and choose proper transaction type and form left menu click on 'Assigment of business transaction categories' choose Service process click on Customizing header:

Pdf above outlined more possibilities how to assign 'service contract' to incident message (Ibase, multilevel categorization etc.).

We are running on Solution Manager 7.1 SPS6 and we dont't need to define service contract.

BR,

SAPFan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP fan,

I already have this configuration. in solman 7.0 we create a contract aside from the service and response profiles. The service and response profiles are attached to a product and the product is attached to a contract. The service and respons profiles of the customers are the same, however, they differ in the number of hours and validity of the contract. The contract is what we attach in the service desk message through the item details tab.

If in SP6 you do not need to define a service contract, do you have any idea if this is also the same in SP5? If there is no need to define a service contract, how do we tag the total number of hours alloted for the customers. The product only contains the unit of measure but not the allocated hours for a customer.

Thank you.

regards,

Grace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Algrace,

I Didn't define contract because I needn't to.

Did you see time recording ?

Check the Tommy's blog http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-27296

Using solman_workcenter on incident management tab you can see how much time is spend for the customers.

BR,

SAPFan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello sap fan,

Yes, time recording is also setup. however time recording allows you to record the time spent per ticket of the customer.. What we want is to create a contract per customer which contains a certain amount/time. This contract will then be tag to a ticket. For example, a contract have 90 manhours and the customer has 8 tickets, which consumed 85 manhours already. This means that the customer can only report a ticket which would only used up 5 manhours. Otherwise, it will be excess from the alloted time in the contract.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Algrace,

I probably found what are you lookin for. Run CRM_UI tocde go to Master data -> services, choose one of the product and add new price list choose condition type montly fee and provide data

Service is assigned to transaction type, I hope it will work.

BR,

SAPFan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I could not find services in the master data. Athough i tried to navigate and have created contract in Service Operations> Prices.

One more thing, how can i attach this to the incident message? Thanks!

Grace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts.

Many thanks for your help. At first I solved problem with product INVESTIGATIN and after that I went through Jansi's guide and corrected some missing customizing. Now SLA is asigned regulary.

Is there any way how can user or first level operator change product via Web GUI? We would like to use more than one product. I found CRM_SERVICEPROD_BADI but it is not usefull for us.

Many thanks for your future help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

go to transaction COMMPR01 and check for product INVESTIGATION. On tab service there should be your defined item durations.

If you dont find the product investigation go to SPRO->Solman->Application..->Date profile->Create hierachy...

There you can use the report to create the product.

Regards

Abosi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi THomas,

Have you defined the Contract determination inside your transaction type SMIN ???

If Not , Please define it and check.

THanks,

Jagadish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jagadish,

I have similar issue but I have severl transaction types. My requirament is to assign separate SLA`s for every single transacion type. Also these new Service and response SLA profile should be assgined automatically when creating new incidents using diffrent transaction types. It`s possible to achieve ?

BR,

SAPFan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!
Is it possible in case of different customers (VAR) to assign each SLA-product to each customer installation?

Customer A --> SLR-product A

Customer Z --> SLR-product Z

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello  Axel,

Thanks for response. Could you tell in detail how to assign SLA products (did you mean SLA Service profile?) for each Customer?

BR,

SAPFan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Fan,

this is my question, whether or not it is possible to assign SLA products depending on customer number/system?

Has some one an answer for this question?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alex,

I was searching this info, can not found at  SAP configuration guide for VAR`s where VAR implicitly should service many clients.

https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700001353932011E/VAR-Guide_IM_ConfMar16.pdf

Should anyone provide solution or workaround for issue ?

BR,

SAPFan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alex,

SP5 brings new functionality:

https://websmp108.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000789962012E

BR,

SAPFan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI all,

I have downloaded a SLA configuration document for SOLMAN7.1 SP05.But my version is SP06 will this configuration work on SP06.Please suggest me...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. I have the same problem with Service Contract creation for Solution Manager 7.1. In old transaction CRMD_ORDER i can't to create contract. How can i create it? Is is mandatory object for activation SLA? All settings has been finished except Service Contract.

Thanks and best regards,

Alexander