Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DP questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Gurus,

I have few questions on DP.

1. How can I distinguish between a APO and BW key figures? same question with chars also.

I see that you can add both APO and BW key figures andchars. in POS in DP seperately. If lets say, I am analyzing an already existing PA and POS and if I want to distinguish which char and Key Figure are BW ones and APO ones, how can I differentiate between them once they are created? I checked alot in BW in RSD1 for both chars and kfs but couldnot find the difference between a APO and BW keyFigure and Chars(seperately).

2. How do "post period" and "Fiscsl year variant" influence Storage Bucket Profile?

3. I understand that the Time bucket profile starts from today and changes dynamically. The days, weeks, months are all calculated dynamically. But my question is I am not giving any calendar anywhere in that TBP definition. How is it going to decide those days, weeks, months...? Is it definied globally somewhere? where? Can I change the calendar and use different calendars in the same Planning book?

4. I read that "You can only use corrected foreact key figure for univariate forecasting".

This corrected forecast is the correction using "workday adjustment" using the formula,

corrected forecast = (uncorrected forecast/average workdays)*actual workdays.

Why can this keyfigure corrected forecast be used only in Univariate Forecasting? any particular reason?

I get the same calendar question here also. Wher doyou set it? and can you change it? how?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

digambar_narkhede
Contributor
0 Kudos

1 .The characteristics and KF starting with "0" are BW specific whereas with "9"are APO specific

2.Standard periodicites provided by SAP are Day/Week/Month/Quarter& Year, but if you want your own defined periodicites in which your planning cycles or particular activies are defined then Fiscal Year Variant is used for defining the Storage bucket Profile ,so that data is stored in the period that are defined in the Fiscal Year Variant in Customizing .(you can see how to define Fiscal Year Variant)

If the R/3 system (or any other transactional ERP system) uses any of the standard buckets mentioned above as their financial posting period then the Fiscal Yr. Variant is used in conjunction with the standard bucket.

In this case check in <i>Post period</i> and enter the Fiscal Yr.Var. in whcih you have defined the Periods.same time in Maintain forecast profile additional setting Period Indicator as "P"(Posting Period) and Fiscal Yr.Var.

Now how it works ..

a.you ave defined Fiscal Year Variant with periods as self content

b.With this you have defined a storage bucket profile and time bucket profile with periodicy of "P" periods

c.Forecast profile with the additional settings

d.Planning book data view with these bucket profile

Suppose you have defined a period as a combination of two months (the posting period starts with 1st of the month and end with the next month 30th or 31st according to the month) so in planning book you will see the the data of two months combined as per period and depending on this the forecast for this period (Prorata 'P' seting in Planning area )

3.Here the time stream entered determines the Calender days,weeks etc and can chage the calender in time stream .

4.for this you see help on <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm40/helpdata/en/d8/d4831e3aad11d3982b0000e8a49608/frameset.htm">Corrected Forecast</a> this will give you more clear idea when to use it

Actualy this is getting too lengthy but it was necessary ,pls let me know if you need more clarification.

Regds // Digs

null

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Digs,

1 .The characteristics and KF starting with "0" are BW specific whereas with "9"are APO specific

This is for standard SAP provided content. I created a APO characteristic followed by a BW characteristic in RSA1 and activated - there is absolutely no visbile difference. For APO keyfigure however Fixing functionality is possible but not in case of a BW keyfigure.

Is that correct?

Thanks,

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath and Digs,

First of all thanks for taking time to explain so clearly. I got my 2nd and 3rd questions got cleared completely. Regarding my first question, Somnath got it right. I am not able to identify the difference non non SAP delivered objects. Even for the key figure "FORECAST", I could not find the difference. Also its true that only data for APO key figures can be edited not for BW. But I don't want to go to Interactive planning and then findout the truth always. Any other thoughts on this?

Somnath, the 4th question, "You can only use corrected foreact key figure for univariate forecasting", is what I found when reading through new SCm 220 material. Just for more information, I typed all the information thats along with that sentence relating to corrected forecast key figure. Thanks Digs, I read the glossary for the corrected keyfigure.

Thanks once again.

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Visu,

Here are answers to your questions.

1. How can I distinguish between a APO and BW key figures? same question with chars also.

Sorry no answer to this. Hope someone else can explain and I can also learn.

2. How do "post period" and "Fiscsl year variant" influence Storage Bucket Profile

Storage bucket profile or Periodicities define the lowest level in time at which timeseries data in keyfigures are stored in APO. It can be a combination of days, weeks whereby system stores data both at days as well as weeks. Likewise you can choose to use a PostPeriod and define the custom period using a Fiscal Year Variant.

3. Time bucket profile just defines how the data in keyfigures will be aggregated in time for a given data view. It is really not starting from today but just a definition of how to display data e.g. next 2 months of in days, followed by 4 months in weeks and finally remaining 2 years in months. This time bucket profile will allow you to display only 2424=30 months data either in future or past based on assignment done in the data view. The actual calendar is determined from the storage bucket profile. The calendar can be defined in the storage bucket profile (under Additional Details - TimeStream ID).

4. Can you please refer where you read "You can only use corrected foreact key figure for univariate forecasting". Univariate forecasting will result in Statistical Forecast which can further be corrected using workday adjustment and the result put in Corrected Forecast keyfigure. Not the other way round. Again calendar in APO is managed through TimeStream ID as mentioned earlier.

Thanks,

Somnath