cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager Tester Worklist

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've created a Test Plan with Test Packages and assigned users to the Test Packages.

However, when I go into a Test Package through my tester worklist it has taken the whole path in with it for each test case (from the Project I presume).

It means expanding all the nodes to get to the actual test case. Any ideas why this has happened as I've done this before and it wasn't like this?

I'd rather just have the test cases listed without the path but can't find out how. Is it a setting in the Project or Teat Plan causing this?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not sure if I understood correctly how the structure is showing up but if you're accessing it via transaction STWB_WORK, you may just change the display from hierarchical dispay to tabular display.

I believe it will make it easier since you don't have to expand the tree while going through the test cases.

kind regards, Fabricius

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the reply...yes I am using stwb_work and tabular display is an option

I just don't understand how it's changed on stwb_work for this test plan where the tree has to be expanded. Previous test plan it looked like the tabular display layout without having to go into the tabular display layout (if you understand me!)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, I understand. This is actually the normal behaviour.

When a testpackage has a sequence only the tabular view is available. As soon as the sequence application is used for a testpackage, this testpackage is always displayed in the tabular view in STWB_WORK.

Actually, within the sequence application you can change the order of the testcases, by means you can define in which order the testcases have to be processed (that is actually the advantage of the sequence functionality)

This order will, in most cases, be different from the order in which the corresponding test cases appear in the project /solution configuration tree structure.

And there comes the reason why then the testpackage is always displayed in the tabular view, as if you eg. changeds the order how the testcases should be processed (different from the original structure tree)
then this cannot be displayed anymore in a tree and hence this info is also not available in the tabular view. So once you use the sequences, the tabular view will not be able to show the hierarchy of the test case.

So basically, once you organize a test sequence, you're changing the structure flow and this way the tabular display cannot display the structure as it shows when you're not using the sequences.

There was also a note created recently, which adds a new field to the list of test cases for a given package. This new field contains the node text from the project structure, e.g. process step description. Please note that the new field will at first be hidden so that you have to change the ALV layout to make it become visible.

the note is 1669830 -    Tester Worklist - Sequences - Project/ Solution node info

kind regards,
Fabricius

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks you Fabricius...the sequencing would explain it

Answers (0)