cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how item in sales order controlled with inventory management, TOR

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

can you please expalin me what controls the inventory management and TOR at item level in sales order ?

I checked TAN, there is no control for inventory managemant and TOR in VOV7.

according to my knowledge, when we raise sales orders, respective schedule liens are created whch has delivery dates and delivery quantities.

these parameters trasfers the requirements to TOR.

please guide me , is my assumption is right ?

thanks,

Babu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sridhar_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Babu,

To understand how the TOR and Availability check (AC) works first you have to understand how the config works. Let me tell you to configure AC you need TOR, but to configure TOR you dont need any support from AC.

As soon as you place an order the material quantity and the customer requested dates are checked by the system by forward and backward scheduling.

If the the Customer requested dates and the material availability is O.K, the system confirms them and at this juncture let me tell you the material qty and the requested delivery date together is called as Material Requirement, which is very vital for the MRP department.

In case if the material is not available then this requirement is TRANSFERED to MRP department to produce or procure the material to serve the customer effectively. therefore in the begining I said TOR can be stand alone but not AC. The TOR is also largely depends upon the individual requirements and collective requirements of the material which can be seen in material master in Availability check at Sales /General Plant tab & regarding MRP1 tab where we also maintain wheather to carry out AC for that perticular material in discussiion in context or not.

Also as you asked about the schedule lines for the order, it not only depends upon the availability of material but also various lead times, pick pack time, loading unloading, route etc..

However coming to the config side, then the AC has to be activated first at requirement class level where we maintain the AC and TOR (Ticked) for 041 which is SAP Standard, and if you want you can also create your own.

Then comes requirement type: where we will assign our requirement class to requiremnet type and the important thing here to understand (If you see the screen OVZH) . One requirement type can have only one requirement class but one requirement class can be assigned to any requirement type.

Then comes the question which you addressed, is determination of requirement type using transaction, where we assign our requirement type to it. this perticular screen is a subset of VOV5, this can be even tested by opening OVZI and VOV5, you will get the message same screen is opened...to continue or to cancel. What ever you have the combinations in VOV5 can only be seen in OVZi. still you want to test just delete one row from VOV5 and try to search same row in OVZI, you will not find, and then again re-intoduce the deleted line in VOV5, and now you can see it in OVZI, so as you asked:

"I checked TAN, there is no control for inventory managemant and TOR in VOV7."

The control is in OVZI where your Item category and MRP type which has evolved from VOV5 i.e schedule lines determination, so you cant see in VOV7, but try see this in OVZI.

I hope I could dispel your doubtful thoughts, but still you need you can come back. However to understand the AC and TOR you need to understand the complete configuration and the minute details of it.

Regards,

Sridhar.

Sorry Madhu, It was just by mistake, I renamed it to Babu. Thanks for bringing this to my notice:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar

This question was posted by Babu and we are all trying to help him with whatever is relevant to clarify his query. I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY AND WHAT YOU ARE TRYING TO EXPLAIN TO ME.

Address your reply to Babu if you feel it can be of help to resolve his query.

Regards

Madhu

sridhar_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry Madhu, It was for Babu, I renamed the address.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member192719
Active Participant
0 Kudos

as sridhar expalined detaily, schedules line are responsible for movement types.

regards,

SS

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Inventory will always be controlled by movement type and not by an item category as you presumed wrongly.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Schedule lines control the TOR and inventory relevant activities for a line item in a sales order.

If you goto VOV6 and enter your schedule line and check, you will find two fields 'Movement Type' and Req/Assembly'. These fields control the inventory and transfer of requirements respectively.

Regards

Madhu

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

In Item Category there is a indicator for Schedule LInes Allowed & in Schedule LInes (T-Code: VOV6) there are some controls for Availability Check & TOR.

Also go to the following IMG Link:

IMG -  Sales and Distribution -  Basic Functions - Availability Check and Transfer of Requirements & explore various options.

Also search the forum for Availability Check & TOR, there are many posts & WIKI pages explaining how it works.

Then post specific queries here.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta