cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronization does not stops

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

After installing MI, MAM etc, during the Synchronization for the data (5000 measurement points), the data comes but the Synchronization does not stops or takes a very long time to stop. Confirmed about the data by tracking the memory and also by restartign the device once the memory is stable, the data exists.

Similarly while creating measurement documents for 150 docuemtns syn works fine, but for 300 documents the data gets successfully posted but the sync does not stops unitl we manually restart the device.

We use Symbol 9090 and program memory available is 2 to 3 MB.

Is it a memory issue?? Did any one had come accross this problem??

Thanks

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj

We did come across this issue recently and sync takes a long time even though the entire data is come down to the client. This only happens in a Symbol device. The solution to this problem was to apply note 1009703 and install the Tomcat Addon on your device as explained in the note. Also without applying the note you can try the following. Add the property <i><b>MobileEngine.Sync.WaitForResultsTimeout</b></i> in the Mobile Engine.config file and specify a value say <i><b>10000</b></i>(ms) Default value is -1. One of these two should do the trick for you.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sivakumar

We already have Tomcat addon. Now I also tried setting MobileEngine.Sync.WaitForResultsTimeout to 60000, but still the Synchronization does not stops. Do you have any other suggestions??.

Thanks

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj

Surprised that these recomendations doesnt work. Anyway i have one more recomendation which is related to TIME AGENT. If you are using any of the Agent feature, which is made available recently in MI then this could also result in an endless sync. The Time agent which is one of the several Agents, can never have a value TRUE for the History parameter. As for the possible solution, please change the value of AGENT_HISTORY in the TIME_AGENT parameter set to FALSE and then assign this parameter set to a device configuration which inturn in assigned to a device. Please test this new scenario with a fresh client installation and not with an already synced client. This should solve this endless problem.

Or other way of testing this is In the client there is a file named <b><i>agents.properties</i></b> in the MI settings folder. Here there would an entry called TRACE_AGENT#AGENT_HISTORY=TRUE. Please set his value to FALSE. Let me know if this works.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sivakumar

We are not using any TIME_AGENT and also TRACE_AGENT#AGENT_HISTORY is set to false by default. But now the sync stops. We did the following, initially we had MI and Patch1 installed seperately, Now we tried installing the MI with patch1, and also did the changes in the MobileEngine.config you said in the previous post. Either of one should have worked I guess. Also we thought the sync would stop within 20 mins, if it was goin beyond that we manually stop the sync, actually it takes 1hr to move 600 documents and to stop. Any ways Thanks for your help.

Thanks

Raj