cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDM 7.2 Dispatcher on Solaris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we've installed Identity Management 7.2 and ported the dispatcher scripts from MMC to solaris 10 on sparc.

the machine runs with sap jvm 6.1.

Everytime we will startup the dispatcher it produces an error and core ->

error logfile:

#

# A fatal error has been detected by SAP Java Virtual Machine:

#

#  SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0xffffffff7d864800, pid=20044, tid=2

#

# JRE version: 6.0_31

# Java VM: SAP Java Server VM (6.1.038 19.1-b02 Feb 14 2012 11:26:08 - 61_REL - optU - solaris sparc - 6 - bas2:166762 (mixed mode) compressed oops)

# Problematic frame:

# V  [libjvm.so+0x2464800]  jni_GetFieldID+0x4f0 (sp=0xffffffff798fdf80) (pc=0xffffffff7d864800)

#

# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:

#   http://service.sap.com/message

#

Aborting thread stack check for pointers at address 0xffffffff798feb88 because of too many pointers (found 51 pointers).

maybe somone could help or have any ideas...

cheers!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

new month - new problem....

some time elapsed some changes were made (System Variables have set / New JRE - now SAP JVM 6.1) and we're faced to a new problem.

In properties file of dispatcher-script the content of variable MC_JDBCURL (JDBC connection string) is encrypted with DES3CBC algorithm. If the dispatcher would started with this encrypted string, there will be a timeout error. If it'll started with manual decrypted connection string - dispatcher is started correct.

It seems SAP JVM couldn't decrypt the connection string.

Have anyone any idea to solve this problem?!

Thanks for your help!

cheers Simon!

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Simon, use the Windows based MMC console to select the proper algorithms.  You might also need to copy the Keys.ini file over to the solaris system if you have not already done so. you can also you the testconfig option when running the dispatcher to validate the dispatcher.  Double check all paths specified in the PROP and SH files for your solaris based dispatcher.  Make sure there are no Windows/DOS path formats (\ instead of /) and that your path to your java install is correct.

I've listed some of my troubleshooting and install experiences with Linux based dispatchers here: http://idm-thoughtplace.blogspot.com/2012/03/doing-linux-based-victory-lap.html

Good luck!

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

Sorry for the obvious question but is Solaris Sparc a supported platform?

Cheers,

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

i think Solaris is supported.

Not 100 percent sure but it would be very strange if it's not isn't it...

(IDM VDS / UI works very well on Solaris)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried a different JAVA?  I'm running a 7.2 SP3 Dispatcher on RHEL with 1.6.0_31.

Check out some of the details of my *NIX Dispatcher expereinces:

http://idm-thoughtplace.blogspot.com/2012/03/doing-linux-based-victory-lap.html

Matt