cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deletion of Sap scripts in system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I created new Form(script) by copying an existing one using option 'copy client' and to replicate the same to testing client, i used the program RSTXFCPY and now the Form is there at both the clients in Dev. Now it was told to delete the newly created Form as nowhere the bussiness use this Form.

I can able to delete the Form in both the clients of Dev, but still the Form getting displayed from the client 000, for which i got strucked. Could anybody provide me inputs on how to delete the Form in client 000. Also another query, to delete the Form in Quality system, i thought of moving the related Transport request to quality and hope this resolves, please suggest.

TIA

Regards,

Surender

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You must also delete the form in client 000. Sapscript forms always exist in client 000 after being created in any client.

After the form is deleted in all languages and all clients of the source system(see note 3355), you can transport the deletion of a Sapscript form to the QA system.

Regards, Aidan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If SAP script does not find the specified form, it automatically searches for another version of the same form & also it executes cross-client search only if the current client does not contain a generated version of the form.

SAP script automatically searches for a form in client 000 if it does not exist in the current client. It then stores the generated version of the form in the client 000.

Use standard sap program, RSTXFDEL, we can able to delete entries from all the clients as well versions.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can able to delete the entries from Client,000 using program, RSTXFDEL, but i didn't understand how the script copy sits at client 000 without my intervention. Initially i created a new Form by just copying from an existing Form in Dev (X520) & later to replicate the same at Testing client(X620), i triggered the program, RSTXFCPY and here nowhere i concerned the client,000.

Please suggest me on this.

TIA

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SAP note 3355 it states that there is always a copy created in client 000.

Into which clients in the target system are the objects imported?
     o  Release 4.0x and higher:
        client = export client or client specified explicitly with the
        import, (you can specify any target client via a parameter of the
        transport control program tp) as well as client 000, that is,
        forms/styles/texts are always transported into client 000 AND the
        export client/target client.

Regards,

Aidan