Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with contract upload to catalogue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Need your expert advise please.

I am trying to get the contract upload to catalogue working.

Our MDM is already loaded with catalogue data. We went live with central contracts recently and we are looking at updating the contract price to the existing items in the catalogue.

When the contract is specified as distribute to catalogue 'Yes' , it generates a 'CatalogUpdateNotification_Out' which I can check in sxmb_moni.

When I look at this xml message, Its got the following information.

<SenderParty>

<ContractId>

<ContractItemType>     

<SupplierPartNumber>

<SupplierID>

<Price>

<LowerBound>1

<Amount currencyCode=""></Amount>

<PriceBasisQuantity unitCode=" ">1.0

Now when this data passes from SRM -> PI to MDM is it supposed to update the 'Contract Price' table in MDM?

So how exactly the catalogue item gets linked to the contract ?

Kindly guide.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

When you distribute SRM contracts to MDM, as you mentioned xml is created and is passed to PI

PI now places this xml to ffollowing distributin folders in MDM server

-> if contract has materials

_MDMContractDataTransmission_ProductID   

-if contract has service hierarchy then PI splits and places to following folders

_MDMServiceTransmission

_MDMServiceTransmission_MSS_Item

_MDMServiceTransmission_MSS_Item_Price

_MDMServiceTransmission_Price

The MDM import manager will upload these xml to MDM and you can see the contract ID and contract price updated .to contract price field of your item / service record. You have to use data manger to view this information.

Regards

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now the XML gets stuck in the 'Structural' exception when I check in Import server.

When I manually try to load this data using the Import manager each time it is not able to map the contract Id Value.(which is a new contract number info trying to update the existing catalogue item with the contract price).

When I manually Add this value in the import manager (value mapping) it updates the data to catalogue.

why does the port ' _MDMContractData_SupplierPartNumber_SRM' not map the contract Id to be able to 'Add' it if it is a new one?? should it not be doing it by itself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Is your map standard or you created it ?

If its standard and if port is set to automatic it will import will no issues.

Are using contract will supplier part number or just material ?

-sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Its a standard mapping.  The port has been set to use the

Standard mapping

Thanks,

Sapna

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sapna,

You can try this.

set the port to manual in the MDM console

distribute the contract

open import manager and choose

type : port

remote system : SRM

choose the port where contract xml is waiting for import (ready folder)

now automatically the standard map is picked

you manually assign the contract ID and save the map.

set back the port to automatic in the console and check if it works.

-sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

So if i add the value of the contract id , and save the map will the system automatically add smy new contract id that i release to catalogue and will it map the existing comtract id in case of an update?

Ideally i would expect that the standard mapping should have handles that

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

The standard map will handle this ideally but I dont know why its not working for you.

Once you save the map your next new contract uploaded should work. This has worked perfectly for me.

Regards

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Does any one has a solution for this.

My XML messages are not gettinng imported automatically...

Every now and then the XML sits in the 'Ready forlder' when I check in Import server.

Whenn I manually try to load this data using the Import manager each time it is not able to map the contract Id Value.(which is a new contract number info trying to update the existing catalogue item with the contract price).

When I manually Add this value in the import manager (value mapping) it updates the data to catalogue.

Am I missing anything, expert advice is required.

Thanks,

M Chan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Chan,

If your manual import has worked fine by manually mapping the contract Id then automatic import using the same map will work fine.

The xml not getting processed from the ready folder is nothing to do with the maps instead its a configuration issue with your import server..

1) Check the user and password used for import server (mount import server as auxillary server to find the user used)

2) check the import server logs for errors

3) check if the port is set to automatic

4) Check if the mds.ini file is pointing to the right folder.

Regards

Sam

Answers (0)