cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM and CTS project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are using ChaRM to manage changes in ERP systems.  So, we are restricting the projects they can use to create tickets.  We use S_PROJ_GEN with authorization to the specific project and when developers want to create an urgent correction only those maintenance cycel that they are allow to access to, are shown in the list.

At the same time, we are restricting through the CTS in the ERP development system so that no transport orders are created, only it can be created through ChaRM.  Additionally we established all the transport orders must have be assigned to a CTS project.

However, there are some modifications (Basis type) that they want to manage still in the "old" fashion, so we have created a different CTS project direct in ERP development system.  Now we want to be sure that this CTS project can only be used by a specific, reduced number of people.  We did not find a standard way to control that through authorization.

We appreciate if you can help us in understanding a good way to solve it.

Regards

Esteban Hartzstein

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I appreciate your input ...

Regards

Esteban

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Why dont u use ADMIN correction to do these settings for which there are no transport request required with existing project itself instead of creating a new project.Because the existing project might already have the logical component etc for the same landscape.

further it wil accesible to only assigned people and it also depends upon the authorization they have in satellite

Regards

prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prakhar,

Thanks for your answer.  Probably I did not explain clearly my request.  The question is, how can I prevent developers entering in the ERP development system and create a transport request associated to any CTS project there (some might not be created through ChaRM).  For example there are some projects that will not be handle with ChaRM, some people need to enter in the ERP development client and create transport request but only those that are authorized.  I checked SE10 transaction and it is not validating object S_PROJECT.

I got the suggestion to enhance SE10/09/01 transaction so that those transactions check S_PROJECT (the one that controls CTS project).

Any idea of how to live with ChaRM maintenance and non-ChaRM projects in the same ERP development, and avoiding errors?

Regards

Esteban Hartzstein

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ok .got it.

in charms you have the option for making charms project assignment mandatory which needs to be activated in solution manager

so whenever a request is created in satellite dev then ...they have to assign to project

let me know if this helps or will discuss further

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

The problem is you have developments that are NOT handle in Solman.  For some implementation project they do not want to use ChaRM.  I modify parameter in SE03 in the ERP development project so that project is mandatory.  Then you created a new IMG project in ERP development (no charm) then you have a CTS project attached, flags allowed to create transport request.  However, I could not find a way to secure that only few people can create transport requests to that CTS.

The basic question how do you live with ChaRM for maintenance projects but no ChaRM for implementation projects.  Is that possible?

Many thanks for your attention.

Regards

Esteban