cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Reject option in other actions of approver screen AC 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am on SP7 of AC 10 and when an approver is trying to do a reject using the other actions options we don't see that option,we only see forward or hold .

We are trying to use this option based on SAP Note 1686348

Symptom

Reject roles in request but request status shown as approved

Reproducing the Issue

Reject roles in line item of the role stage in the request, then click submit. The roles are rejected but the request status show as approved

and also notification sent out show approve status.

Cause

The approver rejected the roles but then clicked on submit which approved the request. It is approved to reject the roles but not reject the request.

Resolution

In order to see the "Request rejected" message, the request has to be rejected. Reject the request by going to Other Action > Reject to reject the request.

Request should show rejected status.

Thanks

Uday

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kevin_tucholke1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Uday:  if this is a role approver, then you probably have the approval/rejection level at role (which is correct).  I have done this in 5.3 where all approvers rejected all roles and the last approver was given a box to actually reject the request, but do not know if / how this may be possilbe in AC10.

You might want to play around with Reject request button (as Ajesh suggested) and the Approval/Rejection level, but role owners should not be able to reject the request unless ALL ROLES have been rejected as well.

Also, you need to remember that approval/rejection level must be at the same level/type.

Thanks,

kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the reply.I finally figured out the issue was with approval/rejection level i.e. Role or Request

If i am at request level it gives the above option but if i am role level it doesn't give it as each approver needs to approve/reject their own role rather than the whole request.

If anyone has any more questions I will be happy to provide inputs for this issue.

Uday

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

Have you configured the stage to allow rejection ?

You can check the config at the following location:

MSMP Workflow Config-->Maintain Paths--> Select Path and respective Stage-->Modify Task Settings--> Option needs to be checked.--> Generate workflow to activate any changes

Then test with a new request.

Regards,

Ajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajesh,

Thanks for the reply.All those settings were already set and i just checked them again to make sure they are alright and i am still not getting the option.

Thanks

Uday