cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proble with file reciever adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

File reciever adapter is writing empty(Blank) files ...i.e there is no data when transfer mode is text and illgible when transfer mode is binary.However in communication channel monitoring I see ...my message under message content ...audit log things look fine as well The message status set to DLVD..However in message monitoring (mdt ) there in details it shows general error and no details of this error.

Kindly help.

Regards,

deepak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

deepak,

r u specified ur file destination address correctly r not.chek it once

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deepak,

What general error you are seeing? Also do you see the message in SXMB_MONI. If yes then do you find any errors in receiver communicaiton channel?

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks I have stated all these details in my message ...Kindly read em once more .Yes I am getting a succesfull message in sxmb_moni

Former Member
0 Kudos

The error itself says that it 's 'General Error' thats all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you think the problem could be with content conversion to get a fixed file length .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Hey r u using file content conversion on the receiver side....can u check in SXMB_MONI the trace of the pipeline step in which u r getting the general error.

Also can u tell me wht does the comm channel in Adapter monitor says abt.

Regards,

Akshay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay I am able to narrow down the cause of problem to content conversion parameters ..

I am suppose to have fixed length file on the other end .

on source I have an idoc (multiple headers ...multiple lineitems) multi mapping target (file)

which looks like ...

Message_headers

Message_LineItems

right now in content conversion I am doing is something like this

Mt_Message_headers.addHeaderLine ..... 0

Mt_Message_headers.fieldFixedLengths ....followed by the lengths of the field

Mt_Message_headers.endSeparator.... 'nl'

is there something else i need to do ....

It is generating a balnk file for ...(xml is generated without c.c.p)

Have done the same for

Mt_Message_LineItems

kindly help.

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deepak,

So basically you are doing a IDOC-XI-File scenario. First I would suggest you to write a XML file ie., without content conversion parameters. If the xml file is written then the scenario is successful. Then you can do the content conversion. Check this weblog for some help:

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/08/introduction-to-idoc-xi-file-scenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starters

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deepak,

If xml file is generating as output and if the file is not generating using File content conversion then there might be some problem in the File content conversion. So for this you have to check the adapter monitoring for any error.

Also test the mapping by taking the payload from sxmb_moni. When you test your mapping might show successful but check all the fields are there or not manually in the target structure. This is because if one of the field is suppressed also then your mapping will not show. But your mapping will show successful. So please check.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Xml file without content conversion is being successfully written...

however only after the content conversion do i get a blank file...

is it because I am using message type instead of data type.

Regards,

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deepak,

<b>I am using message type instead of data type</b>

What do you mean by that? You have to use only message type. Where you have used data type? If you have not used message type how you have done message mapping?

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Sathish ...I am talking at the time of content conversion ... for reciever file adapter i am doing it for the first time and used the message type here as well...at the place where you specify content conversion ..as in.... str.endSeparator .... here str being the message type.

Which as you can see is not working ...

this blog talks about using data type for the same...

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/02/file-receiver-with-content-conversion

Kindly tell me as to how to go about it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

<i>

content conversion ..as in.... str.endSeparator .... here str being the message type.

Which as you can see is not working ...</i>

str will be the node name of the sub-structure which is under the msgtype...

Regards,

Akshay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks akshay ..will try this first thing in the morning tommorrow.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check your processing parameters for str, because as you said str is message type,do not use for it.if str is node then use endseparater.

and if record structure is having multiple occur, then use resord,*

please see the following file content conversion examples..

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2004/12/15/how-to-send-a-flat-file-with-fixed-lengths-to-xi-30-using-a-central-file-adapter - FCC

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2004/12/15/how-to-send-a-flat-file-with-fixed-lengths-to-xi-30-using-a-central-file-adapter - FCC

/people/jeyakumar.muthu2/blog/2005/11/29/file-content-conversion-for-unequal-number-of-columns - FCC

/people/anish.abraham2/blog/2005/06/08/content-conversion-patternrandom-content-in-input-file - FCC

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/04/03/xi-in-the-role-of-a-ftp - FCC

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/14/file-to-r3-via-abap-proxy - FCC

/people/mickael.huchet/blog/2006/09/18/xipi-how-to-exclude-files-in-a-sender-file-adapter - EOIO - File

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ee/c9f0b4925af54cb17c454788d8e466/frameset.htm - cc

Regards

Chilla..

Former Member
0 Kudos

check whether your mapping is working fine from integration repository. go to test tab of message mapping or interface mapping and test the mapping.