Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Quantity field in the Delivery Document (VL02N) doesn't get updated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

The open quantity of the delivery document doesn't get reduced as the
stocks are being picked and delivered against the sales order.

Ideally the open order quantity should get reduced subsequent to any
delivery posted against the delivery document. But it doesn't happen in
our system.

Transaction - VL02N

I guess there might be something wrong in the copy control customizing in the delivery document, but please do correct me if I'm wrong.

Can someone please tell me where to find this customisation or on how to make the open order quantity to get updated when the stocks gets picked?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Randi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do the invoice for the delivery and recheck the Open qty in the Delivery document screen.

Check the link http://scn.sap.com/thread/1121313

Open qty at Delivery is "Delivered Qty not invoiced"

Recheck and confirm.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for your input.

Yes I have done my invoice but its still the same.

The open order quantity remains unchanged. Do u know the configuration involved with this?

cheers,

Randi

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear,

'Open quantity' is

a quantity for which you must create a delivery to complete the requirements quantity

and calculated as follows:

Requirements quantity
- quantity withdrawn
- quantity in delivery
= open quantity

and just in case:

please run t-code VTFL for your deliv.type->bill type and look at your item level (TAN) -

the "Billing quantity" field - select the value which suits your process.

regards,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is your material managed at warehouse level? If so, did you create a transfer order and confirm it?

If not,you need to go to mb51 to check if movement 601 had been done since you had said PGI is finished?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Allen,

Yes the material is managed at the warehouse management level.

I've already created the transfer order and confirmed it. MB51 shows that movement 601 is done.

My problem is the open quantity column remains unchanged although the picking and delivering of the materials are complete. Do you know how to configure the system to reduce the open quantity when a materials are being picked and delivered from a delivery document?

Thanks and regards,

Randi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The open quantity includes the delivery quantity that you are currently processing.

Please check the F1 help on the open quantity field which will give you a better understanding.

Regards

Madhu

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

open  quantity is order quantity , it means at you raise the sale order at 5 quantity , but you delivered at 4.920 quantity only , so system sows delivery quantity 4.920 mt , open quantity 5 mt. open quantity means line item order quantity ,

when you use the batch for the line item , it means 4.920 mt , i maintain two batches , like one batch quantity is 2.484 mt, another batch quantity 2.436, when assign the both batches for delivery line item , system sows open quantity like below screen,

please observe the this screen hoe to open quantity it divided, open quantity means as a order quantity

please check this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bojja,

Thanks for your input.

But in my system the open quantity doesn't get updated as in your. I've attached a screenshot of a scenarion that has split deliveries.

Can youn please let me know where to change the configuration to make the open quantity change subsequent to the delivery?

Thanks and regards,

Randi