SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent transfer negative or exceeded budget

former_member1263984
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear FM Experts,

I have a problem when transfer budget through FMBB.

When I try to transfer budget from funds center/commitment item which have negative budget to another funds center/commitment item, the document can be posted. Whereas the document can't be posted because the sender doesn't have budget.

Before post it, I check the document and there's an information: "No errors detected.Document can be posted successfully". When the sender doesn't have budget or the amount to transferred is exceeded than the sender's budget has, the avc message is appear and give the info that budget is exceeded. But, there is not avc message appear.

For example:

Budget FC/CI A : USD 100

Transfer budget to FC/CI B: USD 250 --> exceeded USD 150 and appear avc message, but it didn't.

How can it be happen? What should I do to solve the problem?

Thanks before

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

The solution is described in note number 983853, available in this link:

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/983853

I believe it will help you

kind regards,

Mar

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

According to your description, it seems that you use Tolerance Limits defined with a relative usage rate in %. Usage rate checks are only relevant once you have posted consumption. Until you have any consumption, the system will not provide any warning or error message.

I will suggest to define an additional tolerance profile with a control in absolute value and configure the system in order to provide warnings with a check of the absolute value (value zero).

Regards

Rao

0 Kudos

Hi Mr Rao,

Thanks for your reply.

Seems like the problem occured because there is no consumption first related to funds center/commitment item. I tried the transfer process again compare with which has actual/consumption.

The result is the avc message appear for the funds center/commitment item sender which has actual/consumption first if the budget amount to transfer is exceeded.

How it can be like this?

I'm in BCS and the tolerance profiles' usage rate is maintained in %. How to maintained it to the specific value?

Thanks before

0 Kudos

Hi

Yes correct once consumtions are happened system will not allow for posting of negative values (i.e. tranfers, returns etc.,)

So, maintian category of toleranceprofie as ' Usages rates and absolute variance allowed' instead of only usage rates are allowed.

Regards

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

The solution is described in note number 983853, available in this link:

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/983853

I believe it will help you

kind regards,

Mar

former_member1263984
Participant
0 Kudos

Mr Rao,

It works. Thanks for your help and the information about tolerance profiles. I already check it. It can be maintained as Usages rates and absolute variance allowed.

Mr Novalbos,

Thank you very much. I already check the sapnote, but it didn't work, maybe I missed something.

This thread is close