cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save print file on Windows Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to configure in SPAD a virtual printer that will save the output file on a directory in my server.

My server is a windows server.

What I have done is in SPAD transaction entered the following:

Host Spool Access Method: L Print locally using LP/LPR

Command to transfer print data:   COPY &F \

But I dont get a file saved there.

If somebody please can tell me what I am doing wrong?

Regards,

Carlos

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

Take a look at SAP notes #6753(unix) and #161516(windows). They describe how to create an output device with a command set and sample scripts to copy the print data to file.

Regards, Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Aidan,

I follow note#161516 and in SPAD created a printer with host spool access method "L", and in the command set ID into Command to transfer print data field entered: G:\usr\sap\Q10\exe\run\print.cmd &F

Then in that folder created a the print.cmd file with the following text:

@echo off

rem %1 file name

set target=G:\usr\sap\ztxf\facturas

REM copy file

cmd /c copy %1 %target% >> error.log

Also created the target folder, when I send something to print I get no errors and status as "Output was successfully issued" but there is no file in the destination folder.

When I get into SP01 the status is: Waiting for output formatter, and in Job status: Waiting for spool server

Maybe because I am in TST server.

Regards,

Carlos

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Waiting for output formatter indicates that there is no spool process availablew on the SAP server to process the spool request.

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Aidan, I just switch to test in DEV client, since as you said in TST the spool process was not available.

I just had to include the drive letter in the path on SPAD ( G:\...) and it works.

Regards,

Carlos

Answers (0)