cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change default settings on MI client before installation on device

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the file MobileEngine.cfg with the default settings that i want that the aplication has before installing the MI client on device in order that when i install MI client (SP18) it takes the default settings that i have on this file.

I know that it is posible to doing after the installation but i want to doing before.

Can anyboy help me?

Thanks, regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose

For the solution to the problem, please refer to my reply in thread

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone did this in MI 7.0?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

since SP 18(15) the structure of the MI client build changed. It seams that the preconfiguration does not work with the new strucutre. SAP is informed about that and will solve the issue.

Rgds Thomas

PS: Same is true for MI7.0 SP9 or higher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I follow the steps that appear in the link but it doesn´t works correctly.

1) I create a new installation from MI client installation files in the path

C:Program Files

2) I copy the folder Program Files to C: emp

3) I add the folder Ext1 and Ext2 with the modifications to the folder that i save at C: emp ("C: empProgram FilesSAP Mobile Infraestructure")

4) I add the folder SAPMobileEngine to the folder C: empProgram Files.

What i doesn´t do correctly?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose

Yes this is possible. MI delivers an installation package that is known as UNCOMPRESSED version of MI Client. This version is delivered inorder to help administrators to preconfigure the MI Client before installation i.e. modify the MobileEngine.config file, add some text files like fullscreent.txt etc and then generate a setup.exe based on your modified configuration. When this setup.exe is installed, your configuration will be available by default after installation and you dont have to do anything later. For more information please refer to the chapter <i><b>Preconfiguration of SAP MI Client (Optional)</b></i> in the MI Installation Guide or refer to http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d2/5b9d9eb609f943abe9a6e90723501e/frameset.htm

There is also a new concept developed in MI from SP18 which is called as Setup Pacakage Creation. This eases out most of the admistrative overheads in creating client images. For more details refer to chapter Installing SAP MI on the Mobile Device (New) in the New Technology Installation Guide or http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/43/4c16aaf0222ac5e10000000a422035/content.htm

Hope this helps.

Best Regards

Sivakumar