Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a Flextime work schedule

musrooraahmed
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I have a scenario which after all my search couldnt come with a solution to, I need to create a flextime work schedule as per client's requirement, "a person can complete his 8 hours (continuous) along with 4 hours of overtime (mandatory) in the whole day (24 hours); now i tried to deal with it by trying to create a work schedule with planned working time as 00:00 - 23:59 and not to enter the normal working time as he can come and work at anytime in the whole day, but have not been successful as of yet because the if i give planned hours as 8.00 then it automatically creates a Normal working time from 00:00 to 8:00 which is not the requirement. I dont know how to deal with it now.

I know am asking a very lame question but if you can help me with this scenario it would really be a great help.

Regards.

kumail1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Having Same Issue Need Guidence.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

So if I understand the client has a "standard" 8 hour day(08 to 16), but the employee may work at any time during any particular 24 hour period.  Additionally, you will be loading the time entries into IT2011.  These will be made available for evaluation.

On any 1 day an employee is expected to work for 8 hours, but can be required to work more then 8 and the time spent beyond 8 should be processed as OT, without any specific additional entries (no special data on 2011, 2002 or 2005).

What is the requirement to have these 8 regular hours specifically identified?

Try this:  On the definition of the DWS try setting the planned work hours to 8, in the Flextime section of the screen enter 00:00 to 24:00 in the planned working time fields and then 08 to 16 in the normal working time field.

This might work.

musrooraahmed
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank Hillary,

I tried that solution as i mentioned earlier, I will try to re-itrate what have i done and what result it yielded

Planned hours = 8.00

Flextime

Planned working time = 00:00 - 24:00

Normal Working time = 08:00 - 16:00

now if the P10 = 10:00 and P20 = 18:00 according to the felxtime schedule it should show the working time of 8.00 in the time evaluation where as this is not the case, when i run the time evaluation system gives me 6.00 hours of working time instead of 8.00 and gives the warning that employee was not on work for 2 hours, and this is my concern that how to deal with this.. It will really be great if you can help me out with this one..

Regards

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may have given Break times as an Unpaid break for 2 hours....

Priya

musrooraahmed
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Priya,

It wasnt two hours but was a mixture of paid and unpaid breaks whcih i made for another work schedule and dont know in what mind I applied it to Flextime schedule and was thinking that I attached an all paid break to it.. Thanks for mentioning it.

The thing which is left to do now is the overtime am work on it now

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It happens and thats why we need to check all possible confg steps if error pops us..

It good that you got ur issue resolved...

Regards

Priya

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sidiqui.

I believe i have got your requirement at some extent..

Here what i understood..

• Employee can come to work anytime in 24 hrs according to requirement and EE has to complete 12 hours in which 4 hours are over time .. Rght?

--> So to meet this requirement, you need to create flexitime work schedule

• Go to table V_T550A and keep Planned working hours- - 12 hours.
  • In Flexitime coloum, field Planned working time --- maintain 00:00 to 24:00

By this working time will be flexible for 24 hrs, anytime EE can come for work.

• Break Schedule : You need to create one break schedule which is should be this way
  • In table V_T550P, what all u need to do---- Start and end date -- maintain 00:00 to 24:00 and maintain 1 hr in field Paid (depends on client what break is paid )

That means break can be anytime as working time is felxible ...and 1 hr break EE can take which is paid.

• If you have put a condition that after 4 hours of start of working time , break can be taken then maintain 4 hr in After field of T550P.

I hope somehow i have reached to meet up your requirement.

This is all as per my knowledge.. You please try it and test.. I believe it will work.

Coorection appreciated.

......and yes for over time u need to maintain it separtely , then you can maintain 2005 and then planned time . make it 8 hrs.

Regards

Priya

musrooraahmed
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks priya,

I had almost the same solution in mind, but client's requirements cant be catered through this, I am thinking more to write a PCR to cater this situation somehow, ll post here if i came up with any solution.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siddiqui

• Your requirement is thta a person needs to work 12 hrs in a day ??? 8 hours regular and 4 hr overtime daily ??
  • Please specify few more inputs of your scenario so that expert's can help you out.

Regards

Priya

musrooraahmed
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, 

Thanks Priya for taking the time out; I will try to answer your questions in order to develop a better understanding. 

I will start of by explaining the scenario in detail first. 

"The problem at hand is the gas and electricity load shedding schedule for the factory sites which is very unpredictable and WAPDA (Water and Power Development Authority) can send you a schedule at the start of the day that we are shutting down the electricity for so and so hours; so the client have to shift their timings all of a sudden and as the workers are residing in the factory area so they are always on call"

My requirement is definitely that a person needs to work 12 hours in a day which includes 8 hours of regular work and 4 hours of overtime.

Now about the exact working time I guess it might answer your question that they don't know themselves what time will it be, that's why they need a flexible shift in which the workers can either work 8 hour shift or 12 hours which includes a 4 hours of overtime as per need during the course of the whole day (i.e. 24 hours).

Time entry device is a barcode reader but we are not creating an interface with the machine, we are using the time data upload to load the timings in the system.

As I mentioned earlier we will be using Time data upload so after the data upload 2011 will be populated with the in and out timings.

Till now for all the shifts we have created OT is being evaluated in TE process and not the entry in time sheet.

I tried catering the requirement through the normal planned work schedule but couldn't get the desired result

I hope this will allow you to understand the scenario and requirements in a better way. 

Thanks for the help once again i hope am not bothering you.

Regards