cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multimple approvers in BRM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I configured multiple approvers steps in BRM methodology. The default initiator for the BRM workflows was the same for all approver steps, so the same person always had to approvs all the steps. In order to correct that, I created a custom initiator using the attributes in GRAC_S_ROLE_RULE_ATTRIBUTES structure. The problem is that structure does not cointain the CURRENT_STEP field in the GRACROLE table.

Someone can help me with this? I think in a function module in SM37, but I don't know.

Kind regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Claudio,

Would I be correct in understanding that you wish to have your BRM approval so to get routed to different owners depending on the condition met?

What type of different conditions scenarios do you have? e.g. if it is a Finance role, go to approver X, if it is SD role go to approver Y etc? You should be able to do this from BRF+ as a custom initiator.

Let me know if I have understood you correctly.

All the best

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushal, thanks for the answer.

The problem is in the role methology, I have two differents approvals steps for the same role methodology. In one case have to approve one person and in the other case, other person.

If a make diferents conditions, they applied for the same two steps in the role methodology. It is clear that I want to make?

Sorry for my English.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

No need to say sorry about your English, I understand what you are trying to say.

I would hav thought that if the approval steps are the same, then the same path can be used, just that the approvers would be different. For this, it would be a cstom Agent rule, which can be made via BRF+.

If however, in a single role Methodology, you are envisioning 2 distinct paths determined by certain attributes of the role, then you can make a routing rule, or even a custom Initiator, as discussed earlier.

Have you got a particular example of what you are trying to achieve?

simon_persin4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, I think you might want to look at the initiator for the Role approval workflow rather than the access request. If you built a custom initiator rule for that process, you might be able to integrate it with a specific entry relating to the role build methodology.

Have you tried adding some of the role attributes into the BRF+ rules which you might only update after a certain point in the role build process?

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the answer. My first choise was create a custom initiator in risk approval workflow. But the GRAC_S_ROLE_RULE_ATTRIBUTES structure does not cointain the CURRENT_STEP field in the GRACROLE table. The CURRENT_STEP hold the information in wich stage is the role.

Because of that I am thinking in a function module in SE37. Someone did this?

Kind regards,

simon_persin4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Why not just create that field as a data element in BRF+ and then you'll be able to use it on your rules.

Simply create a data object with that data dictionary binding. Then you can add it into the structure and the function signature and job's a goodun.

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

I also have the same question. I checked in the BRF+ page but I couldn't find a way to create a data element.Can you please help on where and how to do that?

Regards,

Sabita

simon_persin4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sabita,

On the left hand navigation menu, open your Application, then expand Data Objects. Right hand click on data elements and click on Create!

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick reply Simon. Please tell me how to use it I mean how to bind it so system recognizes it.For example - suppose I want to create a data element for my role's business process and use it as determinator for approver. How can we do it?

Regards,

Sabita

simon_persin4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sabita,

When you create the data element you have the option to bind to a Data Dictonary object, an existing BRF+ object or to have it as just a stand alone field.

Selecting the Data Dictionary option allows you to link the field to a field in the repository and therefore links the available data.

If you're just interested in Business Process then check the existing fields as the Request Line Item structures will already contain that information if you've generated your content correctly.

Have you been on the GRC300 course?

Have fun,

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the answers. I will test it!

Kind regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

I did that. I created a data object called STEP with the binding of the GRAC_SEQUENCE element (Corresponding to CURRENT_STEP field in GRACROLE table). And then, make an initiator function.

I put the custom initiator in MSMP role approval workflow, but there is this problem: the object STEP is always in blank and it is not taking the value of CURRENT_STEP field.

What can I do?

Kind regards,

simon_persin4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Try binding to field GRAC_CURRENT_STEP!

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Simon,

I tried binding the field GRAC_CURRENT_STEP and it did not work. This was my first choise before GRAC_SEQUENCE.

Do you know If I missing something?. I tested the function with a simulation and works great, but the binding is not taking the field value in GRACROLE table.

Kind regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Simon, I will check and test. No, unfortunately I have not been in any GRC Course. Other configurations are ok, but BRF+ and workflow in AC10 is puzzling me

Thanks & Regards,

Sabita

Message was edited by: Sabita Das