Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SU01 shows user names of users who don't exist

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have a strange thing happening in our test system that started after our last enhancement packs were applied. (We are on ECC 6.0 Release 702)

In SU01 I might enter S* and click on the dropdown to display all users starting with S. I get a list and select one user that shows in the list but the system returns the message that that user doesn't exist. When I check USR02 table, the user is not there. Apparently the user has been deleted somewhere along the lines but still shows in the search results in SU01.

I guess this could be a buffer error somewhere but I do not know where to look or how to resolve this. It isn't crucial, it is just annoying and I would like to know why it is happening.

Any ideas out there? It only happens in our test system which was copied from our production system during the application of our enhancement packs.

Thanks in advance

Bobbi

5 REPLIES 5

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bobbi Russell,

May be you have that users list in a help-value list pre-saved. Have you check the tables DDSHPVAL*?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You might also want to have a look at:

Note 1401395 - Report to clean up
data in user tables

And check if applies.

Cheers,
Diego.

Frank_Buchholz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The value help for users offers various search pathes: by address data (USER_ADDR), by logon data (USR02), by assigned profiles (UST04) and roles (AGR_USERS), etc.

It seems that the search by address still shows data of deleted users. You may call this an inconsistency but I'm not sure about this: Keeping the address data of deleted users is not bat if you want to avoid that another new with the same account name user heirs the data of a former userid. 

Cheers,

Frank

0 Kudos

Hello Bobbi,

There seems to a inconsistency between USER_ADDR and USR02 tables. SU01 search pulls data from USER_ADDR. Compare if they have equal user base.

Also please check if BASIS team has copied all data from PROD to TEST during system refresh or upgrade. Seems that they missed few security tables.

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Bobbi,

normally you will get rid of that non existing users from the search help by using the cleanup report attached to SAP note 499997.

Good luck!

b.rgds, Bernhard