cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single FRAME called from non-frame FORM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know FRAMES are so yesterday, but can I include a frameset in a template and have the submit button above the frameset in the same template? Or does the form and submit button have to be in a seperate frame/ABAP subscreen?

Example:

<form name="testform" method="post" action="`WGateURL(~target="subscreen3501")`">

<input type=submit name="~OKCode=SUBMIT">

</form>

<FRAMESET id="main" rows=180px,* >

<FRAME NAME="SUBSCREEN3501" SRC="`wgateURL(~FrameName="SUBSCREEN3501")`">

</FRAMESET>

I can't seem to get this owkring and I feel as if I have to create the FORM section as a seperate subscreen and template FRAME, but I was just looking for reassurance.

Many thanks,

M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Michael,

I have seen this thread when I was searching for some help on creating web transaction for a module pool program which has tow sub screes and one main screen. As mentioned in the thread I have used <iframe> tag to create a sub screen area in the web.But I am not getting the subscreen required in the frame area. I am getting " 400 session timed out and session not found " error in the WEB. I have given more detail of my problem in another thread. you can access that through this link:

Please suggest on what to do

thanks

sankar

former_member185704
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

A <frameset> definition and an ordinary visible HTML page with a <form> element can't be combined in one file. That's contradictionary and against the HTML conventions.

Try if you can use an IFRAME instead of a frameset definition to achieve what you want.

Best regards,

Henning.

P.S.: Please grant reward points to all authors of helpful answers. If you are satisfied with the solution provided for your question, please mark the topic as answered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Henning.

We changed the code and it's working now.

Regards,

M