cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Key Figure, Two level disaggregation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We can have One level of KF disaggregation using the by specifying Disaggre. KF in the settings of Planning Area.

But my Problem is that I would like to have Two level disaggregation based on two different ratios. Pls refer to below example.

Hierarchy:

A

Ratio1(Aggr. of  Bn=C1.+...Cn)-                  B1                           B2                              B3

Ratio2-                                            C1    C2     C3           C1  .........  C4                 C1       C2

What I would like to achieve is that Sales Forecast must be disaggregated to as per Ratio1 KF into B1.. Bn. Then each Bn level must ve disaggregated as per Ratio2 KF in Level C.

How can I achieve this Two level disaggregation in my DP Planning book?

Can APODPDANT be of any help?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

As you can see in planning area setting, you can only specify one  ratio key figure for a key figure.
But one should be enough. I really don't see a reason why you must need 2 Ratio key figures.
Of course you can use APODPDANT.

Best Regards,
Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Ada.

Of course I have specified Ratio1 disaggregation in Planning area Settings. I am unaware how can I further disaggregate this value(already disaggregated with Ratio1) as per Ratio2.

The reason for having two level diaggredation is due to AFS material structure.

AFS material has different dimensions. Hence, I require two level disaggregation.

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It seems you still do not understand the disaggregation in APO very well ...
The key figures (including proportional factor APODPDANT) are always saved at the most detailed level.
In your case, if you use proportions for your hierarchy, the proportions are saved for the following combinations:

A, B1, C1
A, B1, C2
A, B1, C3
A, B2, C1

You do not have any value for the level:

A, B1
A, B2

For example, you expected the ratios to be:

For A - B1(20%), B2(30%), B3(50%)
For B1, - C1(15%), C2(25%), C3(60%)
For B2, - C1(10%), C2(90%)
For B3, - C3(100%)

Then you just maitain the ratio key figure at the most detailed level:

A, B1, C1     3      (=20%*15%)
A, B1, C2     5
A, B1, C3     12
A, B2, C1     3
A, B2, C2     27
A, B3, C3     50

All other levels will be aggregated automatically. No manual work will be involved.
For example, if you display only at A and B level, you'll get

A, B1     20
A, B2     30
A, B3     50

While if you display at A and C level, you'll get

A, C1     6
A, C2     32
A, C3     62

But these values are not save. They're calculated temporarily for display only.

Best Regards/Ada

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jenisha,

As Ada already explained, Aggregation and Disaggregation settings are only for the purpose for identifying what KF (key Figure) values to store at the detailed level, and also what KF values to display to the user when he makes a particular selection.

So, there is nothing called single level or multiple level aggregation or disaggregation.

Depending on what settings you maintained, level of detail at which you stored the data (most detailed level, and possibly the aggregates if you defined them), and the level at which you are trying to display the data, system will just calculate what data should be shown and you would see the data.

I could still see one way out for you:

You would need to somehow be able to get (calculate or manually maintain) the relevant values of "ratio1*ratio2" for ALL the CVCs.(Can't say how simple or easy this would be for you).

Once you have these ratio values for all the CVCs, store them in either APODPDANT or in some other KF. Disaggregation type P based on this above KF would then help you in having the disaggregation as per your requirement.

Thanks - Pawan