cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MaxDB does not start

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

on Friday wie switched to a new SAN. But now we can' t start our SAP Solution Manager. The other system on the server, a BI-System, started normally without any problems...

When I try "startsap sapsol" (sapsol is our logical host name) as <sid>adm i get the output

ERR 11532 XUSER Incorrect USER data owner

ERR 11537 XUSER Wrong USER data length

Database is not available via R3trans

Running /usr/sap/SOL/SYS/exe/run/startdb

rying to start database ...

Log file: /home/soladm/startdb.log

Database start failed

DB startup failed

The log, /home/soladm/startdb.log, mentioned above said

[...] Found running XServer on port 7203

[...] version 'U64/LIX86 7.8.02 Build 023-121-242.871

installation PBI - path: /sapdb/PBI/db (Why PBI? Could this be my error? How shall i fix it?)

[...]Starting database<br /><br />Starting Database Instance...<br />Error! XUser not found!

Opening Database...

Error! XUser not found!

Connect to the database to verify the database is now open

dbmcli check finished with return code: 0

Database start failed

Running the command "xuser list" gives the following output to me

Warning: Open xuser entry file failed: wrong USER data length

And trying to access the database via Database Studio throws the exceptioin on the end of my post...

Has anyone an idea how to fix it or what could it be!?

Best regards,

Julian Tunke

Exception:

ERROR Could not connect DBM due to: 24

Component     UsermanagementBase

Plulg-in     com.sap.sdb.tools.ui.usermanagement.base

Location     com.sap.sdb.tools.ui.usermanagement.base.wizards.LoginWizard.performFinish(LoginWizard.java:113)

Thread     10

Detail Message

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 24

at com.sap.dbtech.util.StructuredBytes.putString(StructuredBytes.java:594)

at com.sap.dbtech.powertoys.DBM.cmd(DBM.java:828)

at com.sap.dbtech.powertoys.DBM.cmd(DBM.java:365)

at com.sap.dbtech.powertoys.DBM.getDBMInfo(DBM.java:206)

at com.sap.dbtech.powertoys.DBM.<init>(DBM.java:173)

at com.sap.sdb.tools.usermanagement.UM_Storage.testLoginDBM(UM_Storage.java:8950)

at com.sap.sdb.tools.usermanagement.UM_UserConnected.testLoginDBM(UM_UserConnected.java:43)

at com.sap.sdb.tools.ui.usermanagement.base.wizards.LoginWizard.performFinish(LoginWizard.java:109)

at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.finishPressed(WizardDialog.java:752)

at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.buttonPressed(WizardDialog.java:373)

at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$2.widgetSelected(Dialog.java:624)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:228)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1003)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3910)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3503)

at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:825)

at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:801)

at com.sap.sdb.tools.ui.usermanagement.base.actions.BaseLoginAction.startWizardDialog(BaseLoginAction.java:371)

at com.sap.sdb.tools.ui.usermanagement.base.actions.BaseLoginAction.startWizardWithUM(BaseLoginAction.java:364)

at com.sap.sdb.tools.ui.usermanagement.base.actions.BaseLoginAction.addLogin(BaseLoginAction.java:280)

at com.sap.sdb.tools.ui.usermanagement.base.actions.BaseLoginAction.addLogin(BaseLoginAction.java:124)

at com.sap.sdb.tools.ui.dbm.command.handlers.AdministrationTaskHandler.login(AdministrationTaskHandler.java:265)

at com.sap.sdb.tools.ui.dbm.command.handlers.AdministrationTaskHandler.prepare(AdministrationTaskHandler.java:243)

at com.sap.sdb.tools.ui.dbm.command.handlers.AdministrationTaskHandler.prepare(AdministrationTaskHandler.java:143)

at com.sap.sdb.tools.ui.dbm.command.handlers.DatabaseStateAdminHandler.execute(DatabaseStateAdminHandler.java:37)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerProxy.execute(HandlerProxy.java:294)

at org.eclipse.core.commands.Command.executeWithChecks(Command.java:476)

at org.eclipse.core.commands.ParameterizedCommand.executeWithChecks(ParameterizedCommand.java:508)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerService.executeCommand(HandlerService.java:169)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.SlaveHandlerService.executeCommand(SlaveHandlerService.java:241)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.SlaveHandlerService.executeCommand(SlaveHandlerService.java:241)

at org.eclipse.ui.menus.CommandContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(CommandContributionItem.java:770)

at org.eclipse.ui.menus.CommandContributionItem.access$10(CommandContributionItem.java:756)

at org.eclipse.ui.menus.CommandContributionItem$5.handleEvent(CommandContributionItem.java:746)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1003)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3910)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3503)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2405)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2369)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2221)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:500)

at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:493)

at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:113)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:194)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:368)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:559)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:514)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1311)

Message was edited by: Julian Tunke (removed html-tags)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thorsten_zielke
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the Xuser container stores the user/password information to authorize against the MaxDB database OS user dependent. If "xuser list" throws an error, then either you are trying with the wrong OS user or the Xuser data does not exist or is damaged.

Please have a look at SAP note 39439 for further information.

If all else fails and you cannot access the Xuser data, you might want to remove/rename the existing Xuser file and create a new one.

Thorsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thanks for your reply. I deleted (renamed) the file /home/<sid>adm/.XUSER.62 and generated new one...

But, the errors mentioned above, are replaced by the following error

RTE_CallSdbStarter(): Must be called by root or user 1805 effective group 1002

That' s the sdb-user. It seems there' s something messed up with my user management on OS-Level!?

Furthermore the command R3trans -d finished with returncode 0012

2EETW169 no connect possible: "DBMS = ADABAS D          --- DBNAME = ' ' "

R3trans finished (0012).

and i am not able to ping the database because it' s not accessible (x_ping -d SOL)

Error - 'database not accessible: pipe open (6:No s'

Maybe the x_server is configured wrong? At starting it said

installation PBI - path: /sapdb/PBI/db

but in my opinion it hast to be

installation SOL - path: /sapdb/SOL/db

I used google a lot, there were similar issues but the solutions didn't fix to me...

The filesystem isn' t mount with NOSUID-option...

Anybody knows what to do? Re-install the Solution Manager?

thorsten_zielke
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmm, at this point I would recommend opening an SAP call to have OS access to your system.

You might want validate your MaxDB installation with the 'sdbverify' command (executed as root user) to check if all files are present and have the correct permissions set. If you are already using MaxDB 7.8.02, you can use the switch "sdbverify ... -repair_permissions" to have the permissions reset automatically. But this alone probably will not resolve all the issues at your system.

Thorsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay, thanks, I'm very grateful to you for your efforts.

Then I will try my luck with a SAP call. Maybe they solve the issues and i am able to start my Solution Manager again!

Thank you,

Julian