cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

roles transport from quality to prod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are in the process of moving tables,schemas,packagaes, roles from quality to prod in hana. We have found ways to move all data except roles to the production.

Can you please advise how we can transport roles or we need to create in production also?

Thank you.

Regards,

Anil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

if it is HANA then you should get more information here:

Transport Scenarios for SAP HANA Content:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_tm91/helpdata/en/5e/1f14047b824a3b9fa141b4b406d23e/frameset.htm

SAP HANA Developer Guide

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_hana/sap_hana_developer_guide_en.pdf

0 Kudos

if it is abap you can follow the steps here

http://sapsecurityanalyst.com/WP/how-to-transport-roles-in-sap

former_member182277
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anil,

I am not 100% sure but you need to create the role in production manually. As of now, you cannot transport the role.

Regards,Neha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Neha for the reply.

I was checking if there is way to export/import but couldn't find one. Any ideas about the best way ?

former_member182277
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anil,

One way is you can export/import the landscape.In that all the work that you have done for the particular system is get imported/exported onto the other system.

This is the one shot method which you can used to move your work to quality to production.

For particular roles export/import will not work as I said earlier.

Hope it is useful for you.

Regards,Neha

hai_murali_here
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

No,its not possible as of now.You cant export and import Roles.You have to create them manually in the target system.But there is a plan to implement it in near future.Meanwhile I will check if there are any workaround for this.

Rgds,Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank Murali and Neha.

It seems we can move roles by writing SQL scripts...But I'm not sure if this is a better way than creating manually in target system.

former_member182277
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anil,

According to me, Creating role manually in target system is the better way as of now. As murali already said that there is a plan to implement the same in future.

So, better to go for manually creation.

Regards,neha

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil / Neha / Murali,

I think the work around can be done by generating the SQL script using the contents of the table GRANTED_PRIVILEGES and GRANTED_ROLES.

You can generate a GRANT statements from the table data (by concatenating columns from GRANTED_PRIVILEGES and GRANTED_ROLES in select statement) and generate the SQL script.

The script then can be executed on the QA server to get the roles and privs.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have opened one message with SAP . Let's see how they respond

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP has replied . At the moment it's not possible to transport

database users and roles. Only analytic privileges can be moved.

justin_molenaur2
Contributor
0 Kudos

As I understand it now, anything that is created in the new project framework as a .hdbrole object has the ability to be attached to a package, therefore is eligible for import functionality via a delivery unit.

However, it seems that you can't use the graphical interface once the role is create in this method.

Thanks,

Justin