cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing two items of a PO in two pages

0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am facing an issue in developing smartform for my client . The scenario is the purchase order has 3 pages

Page1: Cover letter

Page2: Item detail

Page 3: Availability

Here as per my clients req I have to print coverletter only once irrespective of items purchase order is having

have to print each item detail and availabilty in new paper (i.e Incase if a PO is having 3items the 2nd page has to be printed thrice and 3rd page has to be printed thrice)

Can anybody pls help me out on this,

Thanks in advance

Rgds

Mohamed Hani.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

surajarafath
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hani,

According to my understanding, you can try this in this way...

Create 3 Pages,

Page1 : Cover Letter (Dont use any Table)

Page2 : Item Detail (Use table in Main Window)

Page3 : Availability (Use Table in main window)

Even though you create a three separate pages in smartform and defined the Next Page for Page1 as Page2. The Page2 will not come, so you need to Call the Page 2 Explicitly.

• Create Page1 and define Next page same as Page1 and do for all.
  • Then Create a Command(right Click Create->flow Logic->Command) in Your page at the last element and in that Command, you can define Go to New Page as (Page2)
  • Then Do the same thing for Page2(go to new Page as Page3) as well.

So if you execute, then first page(Cover Lett) will come and it will call the second page(item Details), so if item contains more line items then second page will be repeated till all items printed, this happens same for the third page(Availability) as well.

I think this your requirement as per my understanding and it should work.

Suji

0 Kudos

Hi Suji,

Thanks for your reply, Yeah the method you mentioned was right but I tried it already and it was not working out for my requirement as it had many windows and templates which had line items data.

Any how I achieved the output by using loops and alternative,

Thank yu all for your valuable ideas and time.

Rdgs

Hani

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohamed,

Try to put the print of the second and third page into a loop, depending by the number of item of your PO

Regards

Andrea

0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

Can you please elaborate... On how to put the print on loop.

Many Thanks,

Hani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohamed,

You create a loop (in smartform, mouse right button on main->create->flow logic->loop).

You put the element that has to be printed for each position of you PO inside the loop that you have created

Regards

ANdrea

0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for yur efforts, But my question was I want to print the entire page for two items, not a particular template.

Many thanks,

Mohamed Hani.