Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWBC 3.5

CLOEFFLER
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

is there any way to put NWBC 3.5 into a GUI 7.20 installation server?

We were able to put NWBC 3.0 into it using the EXE files delivered together with the GUI setup CD.

But it is not possible to put the NWBC 3.5-EXE into the installation server.

Thanks in advance for any hint.

Kind Regards,

Carsten Loeffler

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo,

it's certainly working for me. However, I also had some issues along the way.

I imported patch 6 of NWBC 3.5 into the installation server, created a new installation package and compressed it to a single installation file. This worked all fine but when I installed from this package, the installation threw some NWBC 3.0 errors and also installed NWBC 3.0.

It turned out the installation server had NWBC 3.0 included rather than 3.5 (check file version of nwbc.exe in directory NWBC of the installation server root directory if you have the same problem).

I then deleted product NWBC from the installation servers and downloaded the NWBC 3.5 installation DVD (50113858_6.ZIP) rather than only the patch, followed by an import in the installation server.

After the import, I patched the server with NWBC 3.5 patch 6.

Creating a single-file-installer worked fine and a test installation installed the correct NWBC version (3.5 patch 6).

I guesse it is confusing that you are able to install patch 6 of NWBC 3.5 even if the installation server only contains NWBC 3.0.

Regards,

Thomas.

4 REPLIES 4

0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you find a solution ?

If i use the functionnality "Patch server" of the SAP Installation Server administration with the last patch of NWBC 3.5 "NWBC350_5-10010402", it seems to be ok but it's not taken into account when a "Single-File installer" is generated, for example ...

For me, the problem is that NWBC 3.5 is available like a patch and not like a new installation ...

Best Regards,

François

0 Kudos

Hi Francois!

sorry for the late reply, but I've been on Holidays.

No, we havent found a solution yet using the Patch Server. We distributed

it by requiring every user to execute the setup file.

As EHP6 is now generally available I'm going to check if there is a new

GUI-Setup-CD that contains a Setup-Routine for NWBC.

Thanks for your Reply.

Kind Regards.

Carsten Loeffler

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo,

it's certainly working for me. However, I also had some issues along the way.

I imported patch 6 of NWBC 3.5 into the installation server, created a new installation package and compressed it to a single installation file. This worked all fine but when I installed from this package, the installation threw some NWBC 3.0 errors and also installed NWBC 3.0.

It turned out the installation server had NWBC 3.0 included rather than 3.5 (check file version of nwbc.exe in directory NWBC of the installation server root directory if you have the same problem).

I then deleted product NWBC from the installation servers and downloaded the NWBC 3.5 installation DVD (50113858_6.ZIP) rather than only the patch, followed by an import in the installation server.

After the import, I patched the server with NWBC 3.5 patch 6.

Creating a single-file-installer worked fine and a test installation installed the correct NWBC version (3.5 patch 6).

I guesse it is confusing that you are able to install patch 6 of NWBC 3.5 even if the installation server only contains NWBC 3.0.

Regards,

Thomas.

0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

yes, that's it.

You have to use the new GUI 7.30 setup CD (ID = 50113858_6); with the older GUI CDs

you do not get a working installationserver setup routine for NWBC 3.5.

So with the new setup CD the problem has gone.

Kind Regards,

Carsten