cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A lots of requests sent into the same synchronous interface at the same time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

1, do you have any experience with the situation when there are multiple (circa 200) requests sent to PI web service at the same time? How would PI act in this case? Would it go down?

2, I have now a SOAP->PI->ABAP Proxy synchronous scenario. Would such a situation cause a problem?

3, And how would all these requests handeled in PI if there are only let's say 10 possible simultanions connectsion to ERP?

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Andrzej

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>1, do you have any experience with the situation when there are multiple (circa 200) requests sent to PI web service at the same time? How would PI act in this case? Would it go down?

a) depends how quick the reponse can be - 200 calls within 10 sec with a quick response time should be pretty fine

b) but 200 calls every 2 seconds with reponse time for each call 1 sec then it may not work....

>>>>Would it go down?

no

>>>>I have now a SOAP->PI->ABAP Proxy synchronous scenario. Would such a situation cause a problem?

I've answered above

>>>>3, And how would all these requests handeled in PI if there are only let's say 10 possible simultanions connectsion to ERP?

they'd be queued up to timeout points (30 sec in standard) so if your proxy is quick 200 calls should be fine

anyway - please use ICO object to process it via PI and not the old config

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

to future proof this interface i suggest;

1. Use an ICO configuration if you are on PI 7.1 or above.

2. Load balancing should be done i.e in case you are using a Webdispatcher or AE URL, you need to make sure there are enough server nodes / resources available to handle this call.

3. You might want to look at parameters to increase the parallel sync calls of the SOAP adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

thanks for all your suggestions. I have assesed those, but there is no way of making in async, bundled or other trocks to increase the performance. ICO will be used for sure.

Thanks a lot,

Andrzej

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrzej,

My two cents, in addition to what was said before: is it by chance possible that you could limit the number of calls by bundling multiple requests into one? For instance, instead of asking multiple times for some single records, make one request for multiple lines? This will always have a performance advantage over multiple smaller calls.

Regards,
Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

having sync-sync scenarios shall put much load on the system.

moreover if the simultaneous parallel connections allowed is 10, and 200 req are submitted simultaneously, then i think 10 will run and the remaining 190 shall error out saying - max connections reached.

a better design shall be to convert it to 2 asnyc-async scenarios.