cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release category Stock to SNP from infoprovider

AA3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi i would to know the possibliites for releasing Stock category to SNP directly , instead of sending from DP to SNP.

Currently we are getting repaired / return stock that we need to consume. We would like to take this particular key figure information to SNP directly instead of from DP-->SNP using MC90. I have come across /sapapo/rel_to_snp  T.code , but i see data target category release to as type (FA,FB,FC and FD) Forecast.

Can any one please point out any relevant EXITS or BADIs where i can extend the above functionality to stock category type  CC, so that the releavnt key figure can appear in the planning book.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Is your APO system integrated to R/3 or not ? If it is integrated to r/3 then as mentioend in the above posts , you should be able to bring the stock to APO using CIF and once you include the stock categroy in the configuration you should be able to see it in planning book.

AA3
Participant
0 Kudos

you are right , we do not maintain inventory for some stocks in R/3 , it comes in from an external system everyday using file arrival in AL11.

so we would like to use that repaired/returned stock information to SNP directly.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When we use the word "release", it means that we are converting the time series data to order series data. This is possible only for category of type forecast.

Similarly, the use of word DP (Demand Planning) means planning for the demand, i.e. arriving at the forecast. Stock related calculations would be done in SNP module, and stock should not ideally be used in DP unless you were really forced for the same due to some design considerations.

Whatever you mean by repaired/return stock must be some information that would get captured in your R/3 system. Once it is available in your R/3 system, then as others also mentioned, this information would come to APO as order series (which means in SNP or for use in PPDS, GATP, etc) through CIF. DP would not come into picture at all.

Hope this helps.

If you have any reason why you think that stock should be there in DP, and then it should be released to SNP, please explain your scenario.

Thanks - Pawan

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's bit difficult to understand your requirement as stock supposed to be order series element and hence, represented by a category. If you try to manipulate, it might affect other areas.

However, you can use std t.code /SAPAPO/TSCUBE to populate any planning area (DP and SNP) with your own data from Info Cube based on the key figure and characteristic assignment settings.

Thanks,

Rajesh

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't quite understand your scenario.
By saying " we are getting repaired / return stock", where do you get the stocks? It sounds to me that they're from DP ... But I cannot understand this scenario.
I think actually you should have the return stocks directly from R/3.
Can you see these stocks in product view /SAPAPO/RRP3?
If yes, you should also be able to see them in SNP planning book ...

Best Regards,
Ada

AA3
Participant
0 Kudos

we are not maintaining inventory for certain stocks in the ECC/R3 system ,  instead we are getting from an external system into APO to be considered for planning , in our case they come in as type (repaired, returned (our own classification) from an external system using a file arrival everyday in app server (seen in AL11)- basically stock that is returned or repaired that can be used again. From the file we get stocks with multiple classifications into APO BI  infocube, which is later loaded to DP and then released to SNP.

however we are planning to do away with this scenario and load the repaired/returned stock inventory information to SNP directly instead of using the current setup mentioned above.

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashfaq,

I don't think you would be able to extend the functionality in /sapapo/rel_to_snp, but you could try to  create stock in SNP using the BAPI BAPI_STSRVAPS_SAVEMULTI2. Some information regarding the usage is given in the "function module documentation". Try it out and if you face any specific issue, you could post in this forum.

If you would also like to read the data from the cube, then I think the FM RSDRI_INFOPROV_READ should be helpful for the same.

Thanks - Pawan