Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contributor Recognition Letter did not arrive

VishnAndr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello SCN Team.

Couple days ago I wrote to sapnetwork@sap.com but it seems nobody cares of this mail box. Because I haven't received any answer yet.

So I'm posting my question here and look forward to get any response and help.

According to Contributor Reputation Program FAQ http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-18475 as soon as somebody reaches the new level for Contributors Badges he will receive a letter about this in addition to new badge in his profile.

Once you reach a higher contribution level, you will receive an email notification, in addition to seeing a new badge in your User Profile.

On 20th of March I reached new higher level. And I was pleased to see new gold badge in my profile and all along with me across SCN. But unfortunately I didn't receive such a wonderful letter along with this recognition. I think it's because of some issues with e-mail notifications which were yesterday. Here is my SCN Bug Report discussion http://scn.sap.com/thread/3147995

So now the question. What is the frequency of sending such letters? If it is not immediately sent so when or how often? If it is sent immediately after getting higher level so I suppose I've missed it because of the issue above. In that case could anybody from SCN Team be please so kind and send this recognition letter to me once more as soon as e-mails notifications are stabilized already?

Thank you in advanced and I'll appreciate any help on the subject.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181931
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Andrei,

Sorry you're experiencing delays. I hope you understand that  the SCN Support Team is also ramping up on this new SCN and sometimes they don't have  the answer right away.  They did reach out to me  about your question.

You are right, you didn't get the Active Contributor email notification because we were experiencing email spamming issues last week and IT turned off all email notifications for a little while. I am working with IT to get a list of people who are in the same situation as you and hopefully I'll be able to have the email sent to you directly.

The email usually goes out very quickly after the Active Contributor level has been reached. When email notifications are on 😉

Sorry again for the inconvenience. I'll keep you posted.

Best,

Laure

former_member181931
Contributor
0 Kudos

Also... If I may say Andrei, I'm as bummed about this as you are

VishnAndr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for the response, Laure!

I definitely understand that you and all SCN team have a lot of work this days! With excellent result to tell the truth! I put the post here to make sure that my issue wouldn't be lost in an avalanche of mails that you've got in sapnetwork inbox I guess.

Looking forward for your upcoming posts.

By the way, yesterday I was informed by sapnetwork that this issue is in process. And was glad to hear this. Thank you!

harishtk1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For what it is worth, I would like to report that few days ago I received an Active Contributor Notification, even though there has been no change in my status for several months.

0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

That is not a bug or issue. The Active Contributor Notification is based on your contribution for the last one year. Since you have 270 points in the last one year, even it was accrued during last year April, that would make you consider for the active contribution.So till then you may get the notification.After one year of points accrual, it will get deducted from the points calculated on your profile for the active contribution. Then if it goes down below 250, you will not get the notification. Though you may get a mail that you are not an active contributor if your points are below 250.

Regards,

Leon

VishnAndr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, Laure.

Are there any news regarding the subject? Thank you.

former_member181931
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrei,

Unfortunately I haven't heard back from IT yet. I'm sorry I can't have a better for you at this time, IT is focusing on the performance issues at this time, I hope we'll soon be able to move on.
Laure

VishnAndr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, Laure.

Are there any updates on the question?

abdullahqureshi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Laure,

I have became Bronze contributor on 11th Oct ,2013 still waiting for Contribution recognition email.

Hope you will help..

Regards,

Abdullah

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

There are no longer such emails anymore:

SCN Contributor Reputation Program FAQ > I just achieved a new level but I didn't get the e-mail from SAP, what happened?

abdullahqureshi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply Jason. I have missed out the reply of saying the same thing about it.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SCN,

I am facing the same situation as Andrei Vishnevsky . Just became a platinum member but received no emails. Please could you look in the issue.

Regards

Anupam

VishnAndr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, Anupam.

You've raised up quite an old discussion.

Now, with new SCN launch there is no such emails anymore.

I'd allow myself to quote

I just achieved a new level but I didn't get the e-mail from SAP, what happened?

Emails are no longer sent when a member levels up, i.e. achieves a new level.

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrei,

Do you know any reasons as why this beautiful feature was removed? I get emails for each update of a thread. With the email I could have shared my happiness with my friends but now I cannot. SCN badge is a proof that I have connected to people around the globe and somehow could provide some service to their projects. I do not see any issue to have an email thanking the contributor.

Regards

Anupam

VishnAndr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The reason, I think, is the redesign of whole reputation program.