cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does every universe need separate connection?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I would like to clear few basic concepts before moving further.

Is it compulsory to create new connection for every universe? for example: to create universe_1 on sap BW cube_1, I need to create a relational connection_1, and to create universe_2 on sap BW cube_2, do I need to create another new connection_2 or can I use existing connection_1?

in case of BICS OLAP connection for queries, I think one connection is enough to access all the available queries, is this right?

Thanks in Advance.

Rupa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Adam_Stone
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can reuse connections for more than one universe.  When using BICS OLAP connection, you can choose to have it point to a specific query, or let it be used as a generic connection for any query.

The only thing you would need to worry about if you used the same connection for more than one universe is that any change you make to the connection will affect all associated Universes which might not be what you want.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adam

While creating the new connection on OLAP connection with Multiple soruce, it will ask for a info provider name, so while creating Datafoundation layer you dont have option to choose another infoprovider on that connection.

So my guess is we need new connection for every datafoundation layer on IDT.

If I am worng please correct me.

Thanks

Rupa