Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we call an SAP Workflow when Matmas IDOC hits the SAP system

sriram_devarapalli
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a Scenario where File to IDOC, and it should call the Workflow task, i followed the example

http://www.sapgeek.net/2011/06/sap-idoc-tutorial-using-we19-to-test-idoc-processing/

and configured the Matmas IDOC, but when i execute, i am not able to see the new Material created.

I want to know how we can trigger an Workflow templete Task when an IDOc hits the system.

Thanks,

Sriram.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

paul_bakker2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you want to trigger a workflow if the MATMAS idoc goes into error, or when the material is successfully created? Or both?

The triggering of a workflow is usually done via an event. To see what events are being raised by SAP, use transaction SWELS to turn on the event trace. Then, process an incoming MATMAS idoc.

You can then run transaction SWEL (event trace) to see which events were raised by the incoming idoc.

Another approach is to run transaction SWE2, to see the linkage between events and workflows. I can see in there that the event INPUTERROROCCURRED of the object IDOCMATMAS will trigger the workflow task TS00007947.

cheers
Paul Bakker

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the Inbound ALE processing, u can set the option of Start a workflow attached i guess to Inbound process code. check that one.

Btw what is the current status showing in WE02 of ur ECC system?

Regards

sriram_devarapalli
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ameet,

Thanks for the response. As per the link, when the IDOC Hits ECC initially it is in 62, after SBWP proacess it is getting 53 success, but not able to see Material Creation.

Thanks,

Sriram.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is more of an ABAP workflow question.

Request you to post it in an ABAP forum instead of PI.