cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartform output not matching print preview

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a problem where the print preview looks perfect but the actual output of the form is incorrect. The fonts are different and the alignment is off. I seem to recall someone telling me before to retrieve printer settings or something before calling the smartform processing FM. Does anyone know what I am talking about?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

This happens most of time because of Priner settings. Check with basis people weather the fonts u are using is compatible for priner or not? Also confirm the Printer settings in SPAD.

Ashvender

Former Member
0 Kudos

I appreciate your prompt response. The problem is that I am on my own here. There is no on staff Basis person here at the client. There are also no functional analysts. I browsed settings in SPAD but I don't see anything wrong. I am using Courier font. Does the font have to be explicitly installed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If fonts is not installed then it should be installed.

One more thing are u checking the print preview in same client or in different client (means dev, quality etc.).

Try this also:

In smartstyles Tcode make the font sizes small & then check the print preview & Print out. e.g. Suppose you have given font size 10 then test it with font size 8 or 7.

Ashvender

Former Member
0 Kudos

What would make a box show up fine on the print preview and then off the edge of the paper on output?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Font size appears to be an issue. Size 9pt does not appear to be defined. But I still have the problem with the box not printing correctly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If print preview is ok & Output from printer differs then there is some printer configuration problem. Different printer prints different Lines per Inches or character per Inches. So those settings needs to be configured.

Ashven

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will look into that. Thanks for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Could you elaborate what is the issue with box. Means weather it is not at all printing the box or it is printing at different place from the specified upper & left margins.

Ashven

Answers (0)