cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent "ORA-01031: insufficient privileges"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

We have strange SAP - Oracle - Windows issue.
The issue that we can not execute startup script by time trigger condition. We need to have this privilege in the server since we will have offline backup.
Before Offline backup, we have successfully executed stop SAP ssytem command, but we can not startup the SAP since we've always got "ORA-01031: insufficient privileges" when using time trigger condition. However, if we start the system manually by running the same script, the system can nbe started.
Please advice on what permission that we might missed ?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Johan,

Please run the script "sapdba_role.sql" as per note #134592 :

sqlplus /nolog @sapdba_role <SID>

it may help to you.

Regards

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

We have run this script but the errors is reoccurring everytime we execute this script by time trigger using Windows Task Scheduler. However, the script can be executed manually.

Thank you.

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

you can solve your permission issue with the help of following link because everything is mentioned in this link.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1411712

Regards,

former_member189546
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please also check

834917  Oracle Database 10g: New database role SAPCONN

regards,

John Feely

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure the account that is running the scheduled task has the appropriate permissions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I have also run SAPCONN role and apply it on our SAP system but the error is still occurred sometimes. Is there any additional steps that I need to perform on Windows server 2008 ?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jake,

The account that running script is sidadm as a member of

Administrators, ora_dba, ORA_SID_DBA, ORA_SID_OPER, SAP_SID_GlobalAdmin, SAP_LocalAdmin, SAP_SID_LocalAdmin.

Is there any additional user rights that I can add from operating system ?

Thanks.