cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Per Diem in Travel Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I need some help to find a documentation for configuring Per Diem in Travel Management. I have used node "Create Travel expense types for Per Diems/Flat Rates" and also have assigned wage types for all he expense types. I have also checked the check box in trip schema which says "Per Diem Meals checkbox set".

But still these expense types are not getting displayed when I try to enter the expenses through expense manager. Nor does any checkbox set gets displayed anywhere because I enabled it in the trip schema.

Am I looking at it the wrong way. Is it supposed to work in a different manner?

Regards,

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Please check following two things.

1) Your expense type must be defined VERP and type V ("Create Travel expense types for Per Diems/Flat Rates")

2) Please also check and update your table ( t706v) for a particular county which you are using in your country.. Table t706v may be several views which needs to be maintained depending on your travel request or expense sheet locations.

I hope it would serve your purpose.

Regards,

Muhammad Umer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Umer,

I have defined an expense type of the same type and the entries are present in T706V. I believe the configuration of per diem would be used to calculate the Per Diem expenses when we do a settlement in expense manager. In such a case, the configuration given in T706V works and meals per diem/accommodation per diem gets calculated. But, where would be the expense type VERP come into picture. Where would the user be able to view this?

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Please note that Flat rates expense types  (including per diem for meals, Accommodation per diem) are not available for manual input for user.

User only have to select check box (per diem for meals, Accommodation per diem) of in expense sheet which would calculate automatically as per your configurations.

Regards,

Muhammad Umer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okiee.. Thats the problem I'm getting... I am not able to see any such checkbox Could you please give a screen shot if you have access to any? Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Umer,

Thanks for the input. With a little research I could get the meals per diem checkbox to be displayed in the expense manager. Now I am able to configure my requirement. Also another thread helped me in which you had mentioned how to configure the meals per diem scaled by hours.

If you could help me with one more issue it would be great. Suppose I have expense type say Hotel expenses for which I have set the maximum limit as 10000. Now I need to configure it in such a way that more than one expense types add up to a maximum limit. I need to configure to say Hotel accommodation, food, together should have a maximum limit of 10000.

I tried receipt wizard where I split one expense type into 2. But even in this case these 2 receipts don't add up to get checked against the maximum limit. If the limit exceeds 10000 on hotel expenses alone it throws error. Please help.

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

I don't think you can do it in standard. Above option will be available only for restrict one expense type.. I think you have to use User Exit in order to limit such combination's of expenses.

Regards,

Muhammad Umer

Former Member
0 Kudos

FITR0003 - Is this the user exit I have to use?

Also I believe we cant restrict the user selecting the same expense types multiple times and the combined value going over the maximum limit. Or is there a way to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes two user exits will be available

FITR0003  User-Exit: Save Trips (PR01, PR04, PR05, TRIP) After Assigning Trip Number

FITR0005  User-Exit: Save Trips (PR01, PR04, PR05, TRIP) Bef. Assigning Trip Number

and user exit is a program where you can write your own business logic including above requirement...

Regards,

Muhammad Umer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot mate. I shall try the same.

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Umer. If I may, just one more question.

If I do not maintain any expense type in the "Create Travel Expense type for per diem/Flat rates" then with the per diem configuration in reimbursement amount for meals alone, it wouldnt work. Am I right? So I have to have VERP of type "V" in order for meals per diem calculation to work when we settle.

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you are right you have to create VERP of type "V" in "Create Travel Expense type for per diem/Flat rates" in order to calculate reimbursement amount..

Regards,

Muhammad Umer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okiee.. Thanks again...

Cheers...

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Umar,

I got a requirements like domestic business trip : 10,000 per day (per diem) + 15,000 per trip (gift amount)..

how to configure this into SAP. Per Diem is a per day calculation right ?

but how about 15,000 per trip ???? its a flat amount for a trip..

Answers (0)