cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Value option in expense type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I am trying to configure travel management and I am getting stuck with one issue. I am trying to use the default value option in "Define Maximum Rates and Default Values for Expense Types". Consider I have 2 expense types in this case.

1. Hotel Reimbursement

Here I have selected the "Reason for exceeding maximum rate is required" in the Amount Type and gave the Default/Max Value field as 10,000.

2. Incidental Expenses

In this I have selected "Default Value" in Amount Type and gave the Default/Max Value field as 2000.

In case of a travel for 5 days:

For hotel reimbursement it performs the check and allows me to enter until 50000 and prompts for an error message when I enter more as the limit would be 10000*5 = 50000.

But for incidental expenses, because default value if selected, value gets defaulted as 2000. Here it does not take into consideration the 5 days and just gives the default value for a day.

I have configured the IMG Node Field control for additional receipt information accordingly.

Kindly help me as to what could be the issue or whether this is supposed to be the standard behavior?

Regards,

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to use "User-Exit: Save Trips": EXIT_SAPMP56T_002

Here you can define your own check routines. Because max amount customizing is only valid on item level. The user still can enter more than ones the same expense type and will go over the limit. In the user exit you can calulate "total amount of expens types HOTL devided by days of trip".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I shall try the same.

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying out the same. But in case the amount exceeds the maximum limit would it be possible to bring up the pop-up to enter the reason, rather than throwing an error message? I want it to work like the setting in maximum limit where we mention that reason should be give if the limit exceeds.

Is this possible?

Cheers..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One more doubt. Is there a way to check the maximum limit on trip advance and may be throw a warning or ask for reason.

Cheers,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do this by maintaining V_T702N_A 13th Item with the respective expense and maintaining V_706B2 where you have to maintain the give the option of

Reason for exceeding maximum difference is required

• This option concerns cost comparisons between (travel) expense reports and their respective travel plans.
  • The user must enter a reason if the maximum difference between a receipt and its respective booking in the travel plan is exceeded. You can enter the maximum difference in the

Hope it helps.

Regards,

LN Bhattacharya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats all fine - but if the user enter twice the expense type and will be under the max mount no reason pop up will come up.

Only way to check all entries are the user exit EXIT_SAPMP56T_002. Here you can do all custom checks you like. Of course also a popup question can be implemented with this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for counting number of days for default value, try this.

in SPRO , Travel Managament > Travel expenses > Dialog and Travel Expenses Control > Dialog Control > Field Control for Additional Receipt Information

choose your expense type then put number calculation 0 or 1, depends on your requirements.

hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I already did this but this assists in the calculation of the number of days. But for default value it is not multiplied by the calculated no: of days. What ever value I give in the default value is coming as such with out getting affected by the no: of trip days.

Regards,

Rahul