cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INCORRECT INVOICE CANCELLATION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Guru's,

How do you reverse an invoice that has been canceled? Looking forward to your response in this regard.

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shahzad,

You cannot Cancel a Cancelled Invoice. When you cancel an Invoice, if reverses the Original Invoice & its accounting entry. in SAP Standard you cannot cancel a Cancelled Invoice.

Alternatively, not once again the Delivery Doucment will be due for Invoicing & you should ideally create a new Invoice against a Delivery. If you have already issued the Original Invoice to Customer, you will accordingly issue him the copy of new Invoice.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jignesh,

is it possible to re-issue another invoice with reference to the same delivery doc???

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Krishna,

The case here is that the User has created as Invoice & then cancelled it by mistake.

Now when you cancel an Invoice, what system does is reverse the Accounting Entry of Original Invoice & the Delivery is once again due for Invoice.

Thus you can (& you are supposed to do so) create a new Invoice for the Delivery.

Thanks,

Jignesh mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you jignesh..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh,

If the canceled invoice shows a status of open and it is shown on VFX3 as billing type S1 and incomplete due to  FI/CO interface. But i cannot release this from here. i get and error stating "billing type S1, no cancellation billing type is maintained.

how do i progress from here??...

Thanks in Advance!...

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As Jigesh already clarified and mention.
You need to create a fresh invoice with reference to existing delivery doc by using TCode VF01.
In VF01, there you need to provide Document = Delivery Doc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys... Appreciate the advise rendered. 

former_member188027
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have cancelled Invoice (VF11) then not need to again reverse or cancelled the cancell Invoice.

Go to VF01 and again create new Invoice with the help of Delivery/Order ( Confirm PGI  Done) So New Accounting document get genrated. Use the earliear Delivery for which you have cancelled the Invoice bymistakly.

Regards,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

we no need to cancel an incorrect invoice.. we have a sales document type called Invoice correction request where we can rectify the difference of the price or quantity.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/dd/55fede545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

What has happened is that i have canceled an invoice mistakenly. because of that i want to reverse that cancellation for the same delivery. Is that possible?

Thanks in Advance!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Better way create invoice with ref. to that delivery(cancelled invoice) in current date.

Regards,

Vikas