cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI_PRDSRVAPS_SAVEMULTI2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

I am trying to use BAPI_PRDSRVAPS_SAVEMULTI2 to create Location Product Master data. When i run this bapi in job with huge  amt on data .

I get error messge saying  err 016  "/SCMB/MD_LOCK" master data locked. I tried applying notes but still it is getting locked. Can you please suggest me some solution.

Thanks

Amit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit

/SCMB/MD_LOCK is a Master Data Locking Table. Could you please check what values you have maintained in this table - specifically for fields like BAPI and Mass Maintenance?

While loading data, are you following any specific sequence for dependency like first you are loading Location and then Location Products?

Thanks,

Prasun

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Go to SPRO.

SCM Basis-> Define Parameters for Master Data Locking Concept

You should see an entry for location-product. Try unchecking the tick marks for the location-product entry for "Mass maintenance". I think this might resolve your issue. If with this also you see issues, try unchecking the tick for "BAPI" also. That would mean that BAPI would not lock materials master data.

PS: At the time of your BAPI run, you could also go to SM12 and see which all objects are getting locked. I would assume that there is no other job like CIF or MASSD that is running at the same time as your BAPI run, so in effect there is nothing that might really be locking the material master data.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

looks like this solution worked for me ,,, i unchecked the check box for bapi and it is not locking