Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dates with Routes and Shipping Conditions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am bit confused in the ways system is calculating dates for orders

In ECC routes are maintained and in APO TRAN and LOAD conditions are maintained. In few orders at the Route time is used to determine the dates when I expect only TRAN and LOAD conditions to determine it (if they are maintained)

Can any of you guide me on the ways system works with Routes in ECC, Shipping Conditions in APO, ECC Planned Delivery Time and APO Transportation lane all put together. Which date is effected by what value

I have gone through other posts and help but get mixed up when all put together.

Delivery Date
Goods Issue Date
Loading Date
Material Availability date

Thanks in advance

RK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

RK,

The first thing you have to determine is whether availability checking is done in ECC or APO.  If it is done in APO, ECC shipment scheduling data is irrelevant, including ECC Route duration.  There is no mix-n-match; in standard SAP the scheduling is done in one system or the other, not both.

It is a simple matter to review this entire scenario within the ATP proposal screen in ECC.  If you are presented with an ECC ATP screen, then ECC Route duration is used.  If you are presented with an APO ATP screen, not only is the APO shipment scheduling data used, but you can see within the screen the entire determination process of the dates you mentioned.

In an APO GATP check, the Shipping Point, Shipping condition, and Route are determined in ECC.  Then, these data are transferred to APO, where the duration of each of these activities is determined, and dates calculated.

For more info on how these data affect the deadline dates that are calculated in ECC, use SAP help at http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_06/helpdata/EN/dd/5607e7545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/frameset.htm

For more info on how these data affect the deadline dates that are calculated in APO using the condition technique, use SAP help at http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/3a/92e217b3f54a5eae7a4ac8a99e5e87/frameset.htm

Always keep in the back of your mind that this functionality is an area that is subject to enhancement.  Bizarre behavior may be a result of a locally created modification of standard.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks DB

I appreciate your explanation, I also had thought when GATP is activated APO decides the dates. However in few STOs the Planned Delivery time is used over the Transportation time maintained in TLanes.  Which I am not getting across

Can you please advice me on the below:

1. When is Planned Delivery Time comes is used over the Transportation time maintained in TL

2. When is TRAN condition used compared to Transportation time maintained in TL

Thanks a lot in advance

RK

michael_thinschmidt
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RK,

1. When is Planned Delivery Time comes is used over the Transportation time maintained in TL

-> If the transportation and shipment scheduling is deactivated for the STO, the system is doing a scheduling based on planned delivery time. Check your settings in SPRO

SAP Customizing Implementation Guide -> Materials Management  -> Purchasing  -> Purchase Order -> Set up Stock Transport Order  -> Assign Delivery Type and Checking Rule

-> check the flag for the scheduling.

2. When is TRAN condition used compared to Transportation time maintained in TL

When you have not assigned the shipping condition to a MOT in APO customizing:

SPRO -> Advanced Planning and Optimization -> Global

Available-to-Promise (Global ATP) -> Transportation and Shipment

Scheduling -> Interfaces -> Define Assignment of Default Means of

Transport to Shipping Conditions

Check also my notes 1390018 and 1692810.

The note 1342195 Stock transfers in purchasing: Scheduling in APO provides further details about the STO scheduling.

best regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Michael

Can you also say will this be same for Vendors.

That is:

1. Planned delivery time is used over TLane

2. TRAN over Transportation time usage

Thanks in advance

-RK

michael_thinschmidt
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RK,

The logic for the GATP scheduling via condition technique is the same for vendors. The planned delivery time is used just in case no GATP scheduling happens. Otherwise the system checks the TLANE first before starting with the evaluation of the conditions.

best regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Michael

Really appreciate your explanation.

Thanks

RK

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael

I am sorry I just checked my live environment and

1. We havent checked the Shipmen scheduling flag. Still the TLane time is being used.

So as you mentioned its not considering the Planned Delivery Time even thought that flag is uncheck

Can you please suggest if I must check something else as well on this.

2. Also  we havent maintained the shipping condition in the  the MOT default customizing. Still we hvae maintained the TRAN condition in AU13 in APO. So not sure where is that used or the impact on this.

Can you please revert back on this

Thanks in advance

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any suggestions on this please.

Thanks in advance

-RK