Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution manager 7.1 Installation error

evgeny_markin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Colleagues,

I have go the following error when I tried to install solution manager 7.1

An error occurred while processing option SAP Solution Manager 7.1 SR1 > SAP Systems > Oracle > Central System > Central System( Last error reported by the step: Java process dispatcher of instance S55/DVEBMGS55 [ABAP: ACTIVE, Java: (dispatcher: UNKNOWN, server0: RUNNING)] did not reach state STARTING_APPS after 20:00 minutes. Giving up.)

Can you help me?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

evgeny_markin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Found the issue,

Needed to use SOLMAN_7.1_SR1_Krnl_Windows__OS_400_51042616

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

vincentlim826
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

• Check sapinst log, sapinst_dev.log, defaultTrace from server0 and defaultTrace from dispatcher,  including J2EE-instance tracefiles which are mentioned within note # 764417 in the section 'Logs and Configuration'.
  • Check  SAPJ2EE version in /usr/sap/<SID>/<instance>/j2ee/cluster/dispatcher/version.txt
  • Check  JVM settings as per note 716604
  • Check if dispatcher node can't start due to port issue, i.e port 500xx (use netstat, telnet to test)

Regards,
Vincent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Evgeny,

Please refer the logs in your SAPINST_DIR and work directory. Please try to start the Java engine from JCMON or MMC and check what the logs are telling. Moreover you can also refer the logs inside /usr/sap/<SID>/DV*/j2ee/cluster/logs/ .. here you can find defaulttrace logs.

Thanks,

Jagadish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

pls look at the sap note https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=1522200

and try to adopt the jvm parameter accordingly.

if not working, please paste some more logs from std_Server0 or dev_Server0

Thanks

Jansi

evgeny_markin
Explorer
roland_hennessy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Evgeny,

Can you make sure you are using the latest version of the JDK 1.4.2? Also attach the relevant logs for further investigation.

Kind Regards,

Roland