cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unique External Number for Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I have a unique requirement from my client . My client receives order as a project then they assign project huge number for their flexibility.

Q-10-ABC-FAN-2000

C-10-ABC-FAN-2000

S-10-ABC-FAN-2000

Now here Q= Quotation 10 is the number of quotation ABC is a company starting letter FAN is a material and 2000 is a year. Same they do with Sales Contract(C) and same with Sales Order (S)

How to tackle it down in Quot Cont and Sales order manually in sales order or how .

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jimmyndbs
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can configure external sales order numbers by using external number ranges. This can be done to accomidate this unique sales order number problem. Yet this feature is limited. It will only allow you to enter an external number that fits into the overall schema of that specific number range config. Any specific dashes or automatic numbering can get tricky.

What I would reccomend is allow SAP to do automatic incrimental number ranges as it does normally. Then have the user populate this field in the sales order header. You could use a GUI screen variant or GUIxt to bring this field to the front screen of VA01. If you put this number into a seperate field it will make it infinetly easier. They can easily search by this field and if they make a typo they can easily change this field. If you make the complex order number your VBAK-VBELN then it can never be changed if a mistake happens. I have used this solution with a customer in the past and it works well.

Good luck. Please "like" if this helps.

Regards,

Jimmy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jimmy,

Well its a very good idea but how to print this number on Sales Standard report . When i am using

t-code SAP1 and select List of Sales Orders i did not get that reference name or Reference field or Purchase order no. How my client view this number if he forwards in EDI format. Need no in output form or standard report format.

Regards

former_member192719
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi Jimmy,

where we can assign this number range ? ( document type or any other place )

can we get the number automatically populated ? ex: Q-10-ABC-FAN-2000

regards,

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Specify the required no in sale order field PO number, and specify the field as mandatory in the sales document type.

Regards,

Raviteja

jimmyndbs
Explorer
0 Kudos

Just add this field to the EDI map or your custom report.

Answers (0)