cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to pass WSDL definition from Dev to QA environment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP ME Developers,

In our environment the external Web Service that we consume in SAP ME 5.2 is that of SAP MII 12.1. As we move our code from DEV to QA to PROD, our SAP MII server also changes, i.e., we have a separate SAP MII server for each SAP ME server(Dev, QA, Prod).

My query is for Dev we have exported the WSDL of Dev SAP MII into SAP ME SDK, followed steps of running build.webservice.client.out, copied JAR file for appropriate folder and performed full deployment. For moving code to QA we would be using the stable SAPME.sca and SUA files so how would we bea able to create/export WSDL of QA into it, we are not supposed to use SoapUI, Eclipse IDE in QA and Prod.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

daria_segeda
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

as I understand you want to call this webservice that was imported from MII in ME source.

You can use the same JAR generated from DEV server for QA server too.

This part of WSDL in soap:adress, that maybe confuced you, is not used in source: <soap:address location="url"/>

The most importatnt, that you will set correct url in ME source in webservice call (for example in hook source):

context.put(BindingProvider.ENDPOINT_ADDRESS_PROPERTY, "url1");

In this case you should not hardcoded url1, and use activity option or create new system rules, to make this value configurable.

daria_segeda
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

as I undestood you have hardcoded links to DEV environment. To avoid such problems make these values configurable:  use activity option or create new system rules for this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After we pass the link as activity rule or system rule.How we can perform the following Eclipse activities like copy the WSDL file of link to SAP ME SDK  wsdl folder and then running of build.webservice.client.out ant target, copy JAR file for appropriate folder and perform full deployment etc. In QA and Prod boxes as there is no eclipse.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daria

When executing the URL with soapUI (to get the WSDL) in MII, the URL must have the correct server value. The WSDL then returns the actual server value in the WSDL file.

From what I understand, you are asking to configure a System Rule for MII to access to get the correct server name to apply to the WSDL?

If this is the case, even if we configure the server as a System Rule, how do we access this value to output as part of the WSDL?

Grant

Below is listed the actual steps we are currently using to create the WSDL, can you verify?

Steps we followed for consuming the Outbound Web Service inside SAP ME SDK.

1.       Exported the WSDL definition from SoapUI.

2.       Copied it to <SDK_Install_Dir>/extension/integration/webservice-client/wsdl folder.

3.       Run the build.webservice.client.out target(Ant build files) in Eclipse.

4.       This generates/updates the <vendorID(rim)>-webservice-client.jar file.

5.       Manually copy the above jar file to <SDK_Install_Dir>/build/lib/ext folder.

6.       Build and Deploy: Run build.lib Ant target, Run package Ant target, Do a full deployment of SAPME.sca

0 Kudos

Hi Avinash

First I want to clarify the question:

We have imported the WSDL for the MII-DEV environment for SAP-ME (DEV environment). The WSDL is of course DEV environment specific.

Now that we have moved the webservice from MII-DEV to MII-QA, how do we get the WSDL that was imported for the ME-DEV into the ME-QA environment and have the proper reference to the QA environment. The additional problem is that the ME-QA environment does not have SDK installed and therefore can't modify the WSDL from DEV

Have I stated the question correctly?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes.