cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NETWEAVER 7.0 EHP1 on Microsoft Windows 2008 R2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I wanted to install SAP NETWEAVER 7.0 EHP1  on Microsoft Windows 2008 R2 (x-86 - 64bit)  what are the list of files I have to download from the SAP Service market place.

When I did in the past  on Windows XP simply I used to download developer workplace and it use to have all required files but for Windows 2008 64 bit I don't think we have developer workplace version. Please can you help me in identifying what are the files required to download for this installation from Service market place.

Thanks

Naveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rupali_karbhari3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Login to SAP Marketplace --> Software download -->Installations and Upgrades - N" SAP NETWEAVER" SAP EHP1 FOR SAP NETWEAVER 7.0

under Installation --> Microsoft Windows --> Microsoft SQL-Server

Here you will get all the software download. since you are using windows 2008 x64 version use

BS 7 SR1 Installation Master Windows Server on x64 64bit  (51038620_13) to start installation.

You will only have option of installing SQL database upon windows OS.

Also please go through installation guide to understand process.

refer Note 1171448 - SAP NetWeaver 7.0 EHP1/Business Suite 7: Windows

Note 1383873 - Windows Server 2008 R2 Support

Thanks,

Rupali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rupali,

Thanks for the reply, So I cannot run this on MaxDB then? If had to install on SQL server is this part of the installation or I have to install SQL server separately?

Thanks

Naveen

rupali_karbhari3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

According to SAP Note 1171448 - SAP NetWeaver 7.0 EHP1/Business Suite 7: Windows

For database-specific installation problems with SAP NetWeaver 7.0 EhP1/Business Suite 7, see the following SAP Notes:

1108857    SAP NetWeaver 7.0 EHP1/Business Suite 7: Win Oracle

1108827    SAP NetWeaver 7.0 EHP1/Business Suite 7: SQL Server

1135525    SAP NetWeaver 7.0 EHP1/Business Suite 7: SAP MaxDB

1171534    DB6: SAP NetWeaver 7.0 EHP1 / Business 7 - Windows

Pls decide which database to be installed  and see PAM report to check compatibility with Windows 2008 R2 server.

Regards,

Rupali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the confusion, Actually I am looking for SAP NETWEAVER Portal 7.0  EHP1 on for Windows 2008R2 not SAP NW EHP1, I just looked at service market place and the following are listed for MaxDB, Can I select them ?

MaxDB RDBMS 7.7.06 Build 10 - Windows Server on x64 64bit

BS 7 SR1 UC-Kernel 7.01 Windows Server on x64 64bit

BS 7 SR1 Installation Master Windows Server on x64 64bit

Not sure whether the following files can I use for 64 bit or not?

51037093_1 NW 7.0 EHP1 SR1 Java based SW Comp.s 1 of 4

51037093_2          NW 7.0 EHP1 SR1 Java based SW Comp.s 2 of 4

51037093_3          NW 7.0 EHP1 SR1 Java based SW Comp.s 3 of 4

51037093_4          NW 7.0 EHP1 SR1 Java based SW Comp.s 4 of 4

Thanks

Naveen

rupali_karbhari3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Again,

Java SW components are not platform dependent and during installation it will ask these files to provide.

Pls select correct usage type for portal during installation by referring guide.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, let me goahead and download above mentioned files from service market place and run the instllation.

Thanks

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rupali,

I have started installation with the above files , Installation started step 1 of 34 and prompted for Solution Manager Key.....I do not have one. Since this installation I am doing on my personal laptop I am not sure how to get this key and continue my installation from here.

Thanks

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

You need solution Manager system in place in order to generate Solution Manager key.

please refer the below link for how to generate solution manager key.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm32/helpdata/en/b3/023a4227deb16be10000000a155106/content.htm

With Screenshots:

http://www.saptechies.com/step-by-step-procedure-to-generate-solution-manager-key-smsy-solution-mana...

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In that case, you need a trial version.

You'll be able to find the download links for those versions here:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/TRIALVER/SAP+Trial+Versions+and+Previews

Cheers,

Diego.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

I have operating system Windows 2008R2 64bit on my laptop, I did not find any SAP NW Java sneak preview version for this operating system.

Please can you help me where can I download sneak preview version SAP NW Java which runs on my windows 2008R2 OS.

I looked at downloads section of SCN  but I could not see any Java version of sneak preview for download other then SAN NW ABAP.

Thanks

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Naeven

The available demos of NW are in that link. You don't have demos for all products.

There's no trial for Java version, and you need Windows XP Professional (Service Pack 2) or Windows Server 2003  as you can check in the page mentioned.

I don't know if SAP provides special demos to some customers / partners. You might want to contact SAP and ask them about this...

Cheers,

Diego.