cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual landscape Management - With '0' impact on Versions of ABAP objects - How ??

pr_srinivas
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

We are planning dual landscape like Below.

Maintenance Landscape : MD1 --> MQ1 --> MP1
Project Landscape :  PD1 --> PQ1

Assumptions : All the modifications made on the maintenance landscape are copied in PD1 using retrofit functionalities.

Issue :
How do we manage ABAP Repository / Dictionary Changes tool place in PD1 to MD1?
if is move changes from PD1 --> PQ1 -->MD1  [ all my versions of that object will be lost ]
&  the complete existence of DEV Server defeated ?

We are early birds on implementation of Dual Landscape -
We request experts to help to win this DUAL Landscape Implementation,
how to win this landscape with out loosing any versions of my ABAP Object ?

Rgds

PR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rupali_karbhari3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi PR,

As per my undersatnding , you would like to retain MD1 (actual development system ) system with no impact on maintenance landscape.

Retrofit is nothing but comparing additional object changes and replicate the missing changes manually or by importing transport requests.

I would suggest , you need to look for PD1 -->MD1 box sync only when all your project landscape enahancement is complete and successfully signed off. then you can retrofit project landscape changes to MD1 box by comparing versions.

Without transport sync , it won't be possible to keep both MD1 and PD1 in sync vice a versa at all the time.

would like to know "with out loosing any versions of my ABAP Object" meaning? does that mean all project landacpe changes are not required to make in MD1 box?

Thanks,

Rupali

pr_srinivas
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi....

Rupali...Thank you very much for your on a weekend.

you answered as
----

Retrofit is nothing but comparing additional object changes and replicate the missing changes manually or by importing transport requests.
----

You have given me options - Manually (or) by importing Transport Request

manually i am parking some time.
i am looking @ options 2 given by you

Let us take when i was building PD1 from MD1, a object is contains 5 Versions in Under version Management.
Now Project is for 3 Months. in this 3 months
The object - has moved to Version 5  to  Version 8  in MD1
The same object has went into 1 change for Project requirements - in Project Landscape

Now - I request your help , how to synch / manage this object in MD1 once project is signed off..  multiple versions in multiple in multiple landscapes + when i import object into dev system - do i not loose my existing previous versions of this Object ?

Rgds

PR

Noww