cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resource settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a requirement in GATP/CTP in which the resources should be able to be loaded infinitely but when they exceed a specified capacity per day then system should give an alert.

I think this can be acheived through NOT selecting the 'Finite Scheduling' indicator in APO Resource Master Data but maintaining the Daily Capacity.

1. Is my understanding correct?
  2. Also, pls suggest what other settings are required in ECC Workcenter and APO Reource to acheive the above objective.

Message was edited by: Rock Star

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This can be acheived by marking the resource as Finite for Planning but not as a Bottleneck resource and configuring the alerts in Alert Monitor.

Not marking the resource as Bottleneck permits infinite loading on it but marking the resource as finite is mandatory for capacity overload alert.

I am closing this thread.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think you can achieve this by configuring an alert profile by selecting Resource Overload alert and corresponding resources, locations, period profile and oveload tolerance (TC: /SAPAPO/AMON1). You can get the details in http://help.sap.com/saphelp_apo/helpdata/en/a5/cf893744ce9c71e10000009b38f842/content.htm

I do not think that you need to select Finite Scheduling. But I am not well experienced so other experts can comment on this.

Thanks,

Prasun