Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto conversion of STO to Delivery Order

colin_cheong
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Replenishment created the stock transport order for Warehouse to make delivery order to store.

Store User had to manually (TCODE VL10B) convert STO to Delivery order.

Can the SAP system perform any auto-conversion once the STO is generated after RP run?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

abhinav_sharma05
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I feel the below link can help you.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1450491

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can also use Report ME80FN to check the STO qty and the OBD quantity.

Steve.

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe you can't configure automatic generation via configuration, but I've done it using BADI ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST. In the post method, call BAPI_OUTB_DELIVERY_CREATE_STO.

colin_cheong
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I think the source function in creating the STO from replenishment and thru ME27/ME21N are different.

I will need to look into the exact spot to insert the BAPI.

Will study the suggestion. By the way, can you share any forseen problem as mentioned? any locking problem due to non-releasing of the STO?

bye

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You're correct, that BADI I mentioned is Enjoy only, it will not work with ME27. In the POST method you need to check if the delivery is already created and the PO is released (or you can just call the BAPI and ignore specific errors, but it will be less efficient) .

As to the problems, I went to check on my system and the correct BADI is ME_PURCHDOC_POSTED, with method POSTED not the previous one I mentioned. This BADI runs after the post, and it's purpose is post-processing so you should have no problems with locks.

colin_cheong
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For STO, it is not subjected to release strategy unlike standard PO.

The problem I foresee is what happened if there are insufficient qty of stock in the Warehouse after the replensihment STO was converted to delivery order.

In this case, how to monitor the situation whereby article A is not able to fulfill and article B is able to partially fulfilled and article C is 100% fulfilled.

There could be more 100 plus STO per day, not forgetting the number of line items per STO.

Too tedious for User to compare the DO item Vs the STO items.

Any better ways to track these exceptions?

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The exceptions are tracked via VL10B. If you automatically generate the deliveries, the items that remain on VL10B are the ones with missing requirements (stock). For the correct quantities missing you can use ME2N with selections for missing outbound quantities.

This assumes you are using ATP check in the delivery.

colin_cheong
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

are you referring User had to go back to VL10b in order to know what's the exception items?

This is not practical. User will need to know directly after the auto conversion and it is likely to be a periodic schedule background job.

Yes, it need to be running on ATP in order to track the stock level.

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can create a BAL log for the BAPI execution. If you don't want anyone to keep checking for missing shipments (I would advise that someone does look at it, from a business point of view), then you can keep running VL10B in a batch job.

And like I said, you also have ME2N to get a clear picture of STO with open quantities.

colin_cheong
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks. I will work along the line