cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is that Solution Manager a Free Module and best pratice to be activated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm new to SAP World hope all the SAP expertise out can give some professional comment on it.

1. Is that Solution Manager FOC when purchase standard SAP module - FICO,SD,PP and MM.

2. For a new SAP implementation project, shall we use Solution Manager. (Is that compulsary with ASAP methodology) 

Thank you.

Trevor Wong.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Trevor

1)

If you are a SAP customer then you can implement Solution Manager free of license charge. That means that you as a customer only have a hardware/operational cost to get it running and to keep it running

Depending on your support contract (standard vs enterprise) you will be able to use many (standard) or many+additional features (enterprise).

There are certain scenarios in Solution Manager that require additional license costs but those are mostly features that would be used to also manage non SAP systems / applications. For example integration of non-SAP components that are not part of your SAP system landscape into Service Desk.

2)

It's always a "easier" to start using SAP Best Practices and Solution Manager at the start of an implementation. That way you can follow the ASAP methodology.

Kind regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

First i would like to thank for the fast response.

I'm Customer of SAP. I hope to make clear on below statement.

1.If you are a SAP customer then you can implement Solution Manager free of license charge.

2.Depending on your support contract (standard vs enterprise) you will be able to use many (standard) or many+additional features (enterprise).

Which one shall i refer to. Thank you.

Trevor Wong.

former_member182675
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

For sap customer you need to install solution manager

for license to new system to analyze your system for MOPZ etc

Naor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can get al the initial reading from the below smp link

http://service.sap.com/solutionmanager

and all the demos available from scratch here

http://service.sap.com/rkt-solman

please follow

Thanks

Jansi

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Trevor

You can check the type of support contract on SAP Service Marketplace or you can contact the customer's SAP Account Manager.

When a company is a SAP customer then they also have a maintenance contract so 1+2 go together.

Kind regards

Tom

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Trevor

You can check the type of support contract on SAP Service Marketplace or you can contact the customer's SAP Account Manager.

When a company is a SAP customer then they also have a maintenance contract so 1+2 go together.

Kind regards

Tom

Answers (0)