cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create two deliveries for a single Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a business scenario where need to create an additional Delivery for the same Sales Order eventhough an existing delivery exist.

In Normal Order to Cash Process system doesnt allow to create a second delivery for the same material and Quantity.

The Process planned  is

Step1 : Sales Order for Material A with Quantity 100 nos

Step2: Create a Delivery Document for Material A with Quantity 100nos

Step3: Again system should allow to create another Delivery Document for the same material A with 100 Quantity.This Delivery we would not allow PGI and billing.

By standard way the copy controls will not allow and popsup a message "Sales order Doesnt have delivery Items"

We can enter an another line item in the sales Order for the same material and quantity and do another delivery but it will affect another requirement.So we are not opting for that solution.

Can anyone suggest an alternative way.Is there any copy control which would help us to sort it out.

Thanks and regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saju

Dont you think your requirement could have serious audit problems if for one sales order , two existing deliveries being shown in SAP , what would be the status of the second delivery ( open ) so in which case eventhough its not PGI'ed it will be still open which is not true as the same material is already shipped to end customer via another delivery

Second

looks like your requirement is more of info based meaning to say management wants to know the other delivery document with the same quantity and price link to same sales order which is never shipped nor billed , so can we think on options to design a custom report and present to them which will all have the same details

Third

Not sure if this can be implemented more of a thought, creating delivery without reference with Z delivery type same as LO and then linking it through text or user exit to already created sales order ?

I shall appreciate if you can let me know what your thoughts on this and how are you going to proceed with solution

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have decided to enahnce Sales Order Header Additional tab to capture the desired Allocation data instead of going for a second Delivery.

Thanks for the reply's

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Instead of creating a second delivery document, why don't you just add a partner function for the customer that was attributed?

former_member192719
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

you are creating delivery document for material A

and again creating delivery for material A as text item which is nt relevant for PGI, billing and transfer of requirements.

as you said by entering 2 line items of material A, not sure how we can make transfer of requirments for 1 st line item and not passign the requirement for 2 nd line item of the same material A.

could you clarify why you are making two delivery documents for the same material A, one is relevant for PGI, delivery and TOR.and other which does nt relevant for TOR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Material is trading good.So when the goods arrive at Port it will be assigned a customs number with quantity and weight.Say Material A came with 5000 Cases and weight of one case is 14 Kg. When the trading good is sold to different customers then the customs number gets allocated. So to allocate the Customs number for the Material dispatched we are creating a second delivery document.Business which plans to send the material from this Customs number.

former_member192719
Active Participant
0 Kudos

"The Material is trading good.So when the goods arrive at Port it will be assigned a customs number with quantity and weight.Say Material A came with 5000 Cases and weight of one case is 14 Kg.

PLEASE  clarify me , we are on same path or not.correct me if I understood the case wrongly.

business orders goods and got 5000 cases of material A.

"When the trading good is sold to different customers then the customs number gets allocated. So to allocate the Customs number for the Material dispatched we are creating a second delivery document.Business which plans to send the material from this Customs number."

customer orders goods. we create sales order and deliver the goods.

why should we create two delivery documents ?

thanks,

SS