Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring PR to Sourcing Cockpit

former_member228602
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

There are 2 ways to send a PR to Sourcing Cockpit.

1. I create a PR with a product category (sourcing is enabled for this in SRM) and transfer it to SRM through the report BBP_EXTREQ_TRANSFER and PR is visible in Sourcing Cockpit.

2. I create a PR and go to the CPPR and transaction and select transfer to central system. The SC appears in Sourcing Cockpit.

Could you tell me what is the difference between the two?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

From SRM 70 there is a new way to transfer PR from ERP to SRM sourcing cockpit using eSOA services. This method uses BADi ME_REQ_SOURCING_CUST. 

This BADI holds two methods

IF_EX_ME_REQ_SOURCE_CUST: here you parameters to

• Activate external sourcing in ERP
  • RFx can be created out of PR directly from ERP system using application CPPR
  • Activate Option to transfer PR to SRM Sourcing cockpit manually using CPPR

IF_EX_ME_REQ_SOURCE_CUST~CHECK_EXTERNAL_SOURCE

This method you maintain the logic for when PR has to be automatically transfered to SRM sourcing cockpit. example :based on the logic we had in table V_T160EX

CPPR is an alternative for sending ERP PRs to SRM where user can manually transfer one or more PRs to sourcing cockpit. Another feature in CPPR is option to directly trigger the creation of RFx (in SRM system) from CPPR itself. There is no need to transfer this requirement to Sourcing cockpit.

Use CPPR if you are not using automatic transfer for PR to SRM.

-sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veeraraghavan/Sam,

Just to fine tune the point raised by Sam.

Regarding the BADI - ME_REQ_SOURCING_CUST can "only" be used if the ERP system is EHP 4.0 or above. If its less than that version its still the old report BBP_EXTREQ_TRANSFER.

Regards,

Robin

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member228602
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for providing the insights into CPPR. If i were to rechristen my question.

1. I create a PR and transfer it to SRM via extreq_transfer report. I go to sourcing and convert it into a RFX.

2. I create a PR and open the CPPR application and click on transfer to central system. I now go to Sourcing cockpit and create a RFX out of it.

Now these RFX's are identical? I mean there is no difference between the approaches right. At least functionally they are equivalent.

former_member208675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

RFx will be identical. PDP & CPPR are the ways to create RFx in SRM.

I create a PR and open the CPPR application and click on transfer to central system. I now go to Sourcing cockpit and create a RFX out of it.

-> In this case RFx will be created straightaway.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

Point 1

If I could convey you Fundamental purpose for which CPPR was developed , you can understand CPPR better .

Collective Processing of Purchase Requisitions (CPPR) is a WebDynpro-based application that covers the functions of the SAP ERP transaction "Assign and Process Purchase Requisitions" (ME57). CPPR was introduced in ERP 6.0 EHP3 Business Function "Material Management Purchasing" (LOG_MM_CI_2). For more information on CPPR and using CPPR without SAP SRM 7.0, see SAP ERP 6.0 EHP3 release notes. In Business Suite 2008, the Procure-to-Pay process is harmonized between SAP ERP and SAP SRM. Accordingly, in SAP ERP 6.0 EHP4, the CPPR function is extended to create RFxs in SRM 7.0 with reference to purchase requisitions.

Collectively processing PRs and turning them into RFx using CPPR Web Dynpro based application ...

Point 2

SC will be created in any case and it be visible in Sourcing cockpit ...bt using CPPR your sourcing step to created Rfx from SC is avoided and performed in advance ...as Vinay yeole said

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Below are the 4 most important differences between CPPR and PDP.

1. In CPPR the PR is automatically gets transferred to SRM as soon as it is created(released) in ECC. But in PDP it will get transferred only after executing the report BBP_EXTREQ_TRANSFER.
  2. PDP uses the combination of Material Group and P.Grp maintained in table T160EX where as CPPR uses the logic written in BAdI ME_REQ_SOURCING_CUST.
  3. CPPR needs XI where as PDP  uses RFC.
  4. It is possible transfer service items with hierarchy, where as in PDP normal service items are possible.

As far as further handling of the external requirement in SRM is same for both.

Note: If anybody has any difference of opinion for the above points or if there are any other points, kindly contribute. Let it get more refined!

Ganapathi

former_member208675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

@ Ganapathi Hegde: Just to correct you on first point.

If business wants to transfer requirements automatically then PDP is used else CPPR is used.

Even in CPPR if method IF_EX_ME_REQ_SOURCE_CUST~CHECK_EXTERNAL_SOURCE is activated; automatic transfer is possible.

As well CPPR has capability to bypass SUCO & creates RFx straightaway in SRM.

@ Veeraraghavan Narasimhan: Now it completely depends on Business requirement; Whether one want's to go with either Manual Transfer or Automatic Transfer.

Regards,