cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to create designer - Crystal reports viewer

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not see CrystalReportsViewer, CyrstalReportsSource, etc. listed in the toolbox. When I add these controls from the respective .dll files, I get the following error:

Failed to create ToolBoxItem of type:CrystalDecisions.VSDesigner.ReportToolBoxItem. CrystalDecisions.VSDesigner

If I add these controls via code on my .aspx page's source, I see the following error in the CrystalReportViewer control:

Failed to create designer: CrystalDecisions.Web...(the path for the control is listed here).

This is the latest in a long LONG string of errors I have got with CRVS2010. I actually had to uninstall every older version of VS and Crystal reports just to get to this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated....

Edit: After adding CrystalReports.VSDesigner.resources.dll, I no longer get an error while adding controls to the toolbox. However, the controls themselves still give me the "Failed to create designer" error when I add them to my page.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

If you install CR for VS 2010 SP 2 it should simply integrate into VS. Manually adding the dll's is not recommended.

What version of VS are you using? If it's Express then it's not supported, Microsoft does not support plug-ins in any of their Express versions.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

I downloaded and built the .msm files from SAP. I have the professional edition for VS 2010, not express. What should I do now?

Update: I uninstalled the .msm files and reinstalled CRforVS2010 using the .msi file. I'm still running into the same problem. I have to maually add references, toolbox items and it still does not work right.

0 Kudos

Hi Kevat,

You can't integrate into .NET simply by deploying the runtime. That's for deploying the CR runtime onto your app server or PC along with your runtime.

Download this: http://downloads.businessobjects.com/akdlm/cr4vs2010/CRforVS_13_0_2.exe

Uninstall the runtime first and then run the above.

Thanks

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, that worked!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you help me out with the same problem in VS2008?

Answers (0)