Failed to create designer - Crystal reports viewer

I do not see CrystalReportsViewer, CyrstalReportsSource, etc. listed in the toolbox. When I add these controls from the respective .dll files, I get the following error:

Failed to create ToolBoxItem of type:CrystalDecisions.VSDesigner.ReportToolBoxItem. CrystalDecisions.VSDesigner

If I add these controls via code on my .aspx page's source, I see the following error in the CrystalReportViewer control:

Failed to create designer: CrystalDecisions.Web...(the path for the control is listed here).

This is the latest in a long LONG string of errors I have got with CRVS2010. I actually had to uninstall every older version of VS and Crystal reports just to get to this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated....

Edit: After adding CrystalReports.VSDesigner.resources.dll, I no longer get an error while adding controls to the toolbox. However, the controls themselves still give me the "Failed to create designer" error when I add them to my page.

• SAP Moderator
  • SAP Employee

Hi Kevat,

You can't integrate into .NET simply by deploying the runtime. That's for deploying the CR runtime onto your app server or PC along with your runtime.

Download this:

Uninstall the runtime first and then run the above.

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer