cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDMS 4.0 sp1 - anyone out there done a time based reduction?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey experts,

We recently downloaded the 4.0 and sp1 patches.  We were previously on 3.0 TDMS.

We are about to start a time based reduction to our ECC 6.0 EHP5 system(s).  Has anyone out there performed this on 4.0 yet?  Just curious.  Also, we are IS-U if that helps.

Also, we have a requirement to do data scrambling for our HR employee data.  What does TDMS scramble by "default"?  If you had a requirement to scramble HR data, what would you do specifically in TDMS 4.0?

Sorry if these are stupid questions...I'm trying to figure out how many other people out there are in the same boat as us.

--NICK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Dear Nick,

Firstly i would suggest you to kindly review the following SAP Notes with reference to your queries:

1644218 - TDMS 4.0 Composite Note for  TDMS ERP

1608754 - TDMS 4.0 - Composite Note For IS Utilities

1665861 - TDMS 4.0 - Collective note for Scrambling

Regarding scrambling queries in 4.0 please note that some now looks have been introduced in 4.0 for scrambling like "Stand-alone scrambling" and "Scrambling workbench". For further insights into these kindly refer the documention available at the following link:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/TDMS/SAP+Test+Data+Migration+Server

Best Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhiskek,

Thanks but I was really looking for some folks who have actually used the product in the way I described.

--NICK

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nick

Time based reduction in TDMS 4.0 works very well even the IS-U solution works very well, both these solutions have been piloted with multiple customers during validation and ramp-up and both are very stable.

By default TDMS 4.0 doesnt scramble anything, you have to choose whether you want to go for scrambling or not. Once you choose to scramble your data, you will have options to use standard delivered scrambling rules ( a good set of scrambling rules are available) or create your own rules. Once you create your rules you may reuse them for your future runs too.

I hope this info helps

Best regards

Pankaj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

is there any documentation which we can follow to do the TDMS 4 Copy for ERP based on time based reductions.

I tried looking at documentation available from SAP, but that does not seem to be very clear.

so if you got any cook book which can be shared.

Regards

ajay

former_member206552
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi ajay,

is this what you are looking for ?

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-41808

best regards

marius

bruno_esperanca
Contributor
0 Kudos

We are not in the same boat yet but we will very soon. We recently found out that TDMS 3.0 is unable to scramble cluster tables (i.e. BSEG, BSEC, etc) so we will be upgrading to TDMS 4.0 this summer.

Let's keep in touch