cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modeling in HANA studio with BW tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have built 2 write optimized DSOs in BW7.3 on HANA.

Now i can see DSO tables in HANA DB under BW user schema and we need to do modeling with these DSO tables in HANA modeler.

Questions:

1. Under BW user schema i can see DSO active tables, after opening the table the Execute(F8) button is in disabled mode, how to enable this execute button-does it require any additional previleges. How to see the data content for DSO table in HANA studio?

2. Can we use DSO tables for HANA views modeling --> Creating Attribute, Analytic and Calculation view?

3. To use these BW-HANA models in BO, any special configuration to be done in HANA?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pundari

1. for your first question , you can righ click on the table and thers you can see an option "data preview" it helps you to view the data exisiting in table.

2.Yes you can use the DSO tables in HANA models.I believe active table would act as a fact table as it contains both measures and attributes.I would like some expert to make a comment on this.

3.for your third question go through the below link that would give you an idea baout position of BO tools on top of HANA.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/703298ef-02f9-2e10-2691-cfef154fd920&override...

Thanks

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Any more information building on HANA data models using BW tables, DSO active table-Data foundation, infoobject-P tables as attribute tables for attribute views.?

I have a question on Customer infoobject-how to use it in HANA data modlels:

- 0CUSTOMER is having P table for attributes, T table for text. That means do I need to create 2 attribute views, 1 for all attributes of customer and another just to get the texts of customer and link 2 of them with data foundation to build analytical view?

Please provide more information or links to build hana data models with BW tables.

Thanks,

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pundari,

Technically yes, you can build data models on BW objects in Native HANA. But I'd strongly recommend it to validate with your SAP contact as we are told it is NOT SUPPORTED.

This point is quite debatable as there are many documents, even from SAP, which proposes this concept.

Coming to BW model for InfoObjects, I'd suggest you use the /BIC/M view for master data tables. You will also have to use the Text table with Text join to get the description. Secondly you can use the Active data table "00" table for the DSOs. You can build analytical view on active table, join it with the attribute views created on the master data tables and proceed with the work.

One more point, I don't think creating the DSOs with write optimized option is necessary. The DSO tables are column based and are optimized for reading.

Regards,

Ravi

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One correction, for master tables, not M view but P table and join it with the Text table in the attribute view itself.

Ravi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to load the SAP HANA Studio on my computer?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khadija,

From below link you can download HANA studio.

http://scn.sap.com/community/developer-center/hana

braghavendra_rao
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

BW Infoproviders- IMO cubes, DSOs and  BW Queries can be imported as HANA models with HANA SP5. Please refer toSAP Note 1764251

Raghavendra